Thread: Turn signal lights..

My Cars
    1985 BMW 635CSi

Turn signal lights..

Guys, I'm redoing the interior in my 6 and I have everything, including the dashboard out. I figured I can upgrade the radio and other things, including adding a push button starter mainly for the key clickers. I am able to start normally with the push button, however, I am trying to wire the clickers, and one of the features is for the turn signal lights to flash when locking and unlocking. My issue is that I can't get the signals to turn on or flash. I've tried checking the wiring, with the guide but, all I get is the power wire live. Both blue wires for the left and right seems to be dead. My question is, does the instrument cluster need to be installed in order for the signals to work?... I tried installing it and sit still doesn't work. Also, when I installed the IC, there's a light for the P on the dash always on, even after turning car off. Thanks in advance..

My Cars
    '92 325IC '88 635
    Quote Originally Posted by ilouie View Post
    Guys, I'm redoing the interior in my 6 and I have everything, including the dashboard out. I figured I can upgrade the radio and other things, including adding a push button starter mainly for the key clickers. I am able to start normally with the push button, however, I am trying to wire the clickers, and one of the features is for the turn signal lights to flash when locking and unlocking. My issue is that I can't get the signals to turn on or flash. I've tried checking the wiring, with the guide but, all I get is the power wire live. Both blue wires for the left and right seems to be dead. My question is, does the instrument cluster need to be installed in order for the signals to work?... I tried installing it and sit still doesn't work. Also, when I installed the IC, there's a light for the P on the dash always on, even after turning car off. Thanks in advance..
    Do you have your hazard switch plugged in?
    '88 635, '92 325IC

My Cars
    1985 BMW 635CSi
    Yes.. I had it plugged in when testing.