I made a post a year ago about my BMW z4 3.0 having roof problems and never submitted my fix.. Sorry guys . Here was my post.

"When i press the convertible button, the latch motor unlatches (or sounds like it) but the top is still stuck on the motor closes to the windshield. I hold the button for about 30 seconds until it finally comes up and the top goes down automatically. Also when coming up the top starts to stop and lag, but still ends up going up all the way automatically(no manual assist) and lands hard if i don't help it get back on the windshield slowly. My biggest problem is the unlatching, im sure the lagging probably is the hydraulic motor but why does it take forever to come off the windshield?"

So.... it was not the roof lock motor by the windshield that was the problem. The cause of the issue was that it was low on fluid. I went through my trunk, pulled out the hydraulic motor, and filled it up. The motor does the bleeding itself so it was pretty easy. The hardest part was getting the hydraulic motor out, for some reason it is wrapped around with duct tape. So you have cut/rip it off while not being able to see. Once its off you have to pull hard and take the cap off to reach the motor. Getting to the motor is not hard either, you just lift the holder in the trunk that lets you move your top up and down if you need more space. Then stick your hand through the left side of the car (drivers side) until you feel the cover for the pump. Once your there is where you do what i mentioned above.

Here is a video for anybody that is having this problem. Hope i can help someone that was having the same issue. Till this day it is working exceptionally! And now i can move the top up and down from my remote without a problem

https://youtu.be/BHlmGTlXDjQ

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BHlmGTlXDjQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>