Thread: Fire Suppression - nozzle location

My Cars
    98' Z3M, 02' 911 C4S

Fire Suppression - nozzle location

For those running a suppression system, where did you mount for engine nozzle, and driver nozzles? I'm planning 2 at my legs, waist, 1 directed at the fuel rail.

More specifics than what I referenced as general directions is being requested, where are they mounted?

My Cars
    3 - E30 M3s, '04 Ford F350, '06 Audi A3
    I have the 2.25kg Novec system purchased from Bimmerworld.
    1) pointed at my waist / legs
    1) pointed at legs / feet
    1) pointed at the top of the engine / fuel rail
    1) pointed at the right side of the engine / header
    I used to have one at the fuel cell, but I read a few posts that basically said its like wasting a nozzle. If the cell goes up that small of a system is not going to extinguish that amount of fuel. The real reason for the system is not to extinguish a fire, but to buy you time to exit and reduce your burns, so I eliminated that one.

All are mounted with the aluminum mounting brackets that came with the system.
    jimmy p.

88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - street
    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU
    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car 2.0 Litre
    04 Ford F350 - V10
    06 Audi A3 Brilliant Red / 2.0 / DSG

My Cars
    98' Z3M, 02' 911 C4S
    I talked to the shop today about the system I bought a while ago (been sitting for 2 years), and was in the middle of installing when I asked this question. I had originally intended to run 3 nozzles, 2 in the cabin and 1 in the engine. Learned today it was really only intended for 2 nozzles, so I'm going to keep them both pointed at my feet and torso, and will upgrade tanks later to get at least a 4 nozzle system. For now, I have the 2 nozzles located just under the dash, to the left of my feet. Hopefully I can reuse some of the lines when I replace the tank but for now, this meets my short term goals. This is a track car but not fully race spec, so it was purely for increased safety during DE type events.