Thread: Blowen head Gasket? Or much worst

My Cars
    2011 BMW 535I

Blowen head Gasket? Or much worst

Did a pull and got the amber exclamation about Engine over heat pull over and allow engine to cool and it limited my throttle usage .Well i didn't pull over but i coasted because i was goin over a hill and after rolling down the warning left amber and went to yellow then disappeared shortly after, So i continued driving to my destination with no issues and 2 weeks later i discover the "milk shake" oil by my oil cap. I have not experienced any symptoms for a blowen head gasket but the oil pointed to it could that have blowen my head gasket or even worse warped my block. What should i do?

** Ive been needing to replace my expansion tank because i had a leak but i had to wait for the part arrive, so every now and then i refill the tank with distilled water not much also so i decided to continue drive until it arrived

** the coolant temperature was 109-120 Celsius max and the oil 125 Celsius max when it happened

My Cars
    I doubt you did any damage. If you're just going by the underside of the oil cap, it's pretty common for condensation to form on the cap and then look milky when it gets oil on it.

You need to scan for fault codes. You may have a failing water pump. But if you're knowingly driving your car and losing coolant, you're asking for trouble. You should park the car until you can get it fixed.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician