All - a quick background... I used to own a 1995 318TI in HS/college and autocrossed it, loved it. had sport suspension on it and loved the handling - drove a few e36 and e46 M3s and loved them too. I am currently 28 and drive a 2014 Ford Focus ST - which I like fine - but its getting more mileage on it now and I kind of want a change of scenery.

What i'm looking for: Preferably want a used 340i or 440i (2017-2018 range) ~30k. Love the look of these but have not driven one yet.

Questions for you guys:

• Do the newer 3 series cars hold up to the steering & handling levels that the E36s did? I loved those cars. The new look great but I'm worried BMW has focused more on tech and less on functionality. would love
  • Any reliability concerns or standard issues y'all run into on these 340s? I recall on the E36s the mechanical pieces were pretty good but more interior cosmetic stuf and electrical was always a PITA.
  • 340s look FAST relative to the older E36s ... 335 noticeable slower if you drive those instead? Do people consider 340s sports cars or track cars or really just the Ms? just curious

And then separately let me know if any other car brands you've found similar that you like. Really want the 340 though.

Would love your guys thoughts!