Thread: Fumoto Oil Valve? Oil Filter/Alternator placement?

My Cars
    1983 BMW 320i

Fumoto Oil Valve? Oil Filter/Alternator placement?

Anyone on the forum running these on their M10? Thinking of putting one on for ease of change and thread protection, and possibly an oil filter relocation setup or something so the oil filter isn't right up on the alternator. How do you guys do your changes? I've been pulling the air box to get at it easier. I'm running VR1 20w50 with LiquiMoly Mos2 right now, around 75f in the Southeast. Engine seems to like it, with little to no consumption right now. Still going to pull and replace/coat exhaust studs to prevent small leakage.

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by jbowen944 View Post
    Anyone on the forum running these on their M10? Thinking of putting one on for ease of change and thread protection, and possibly an oil filter relocation setup or something so the oil filter isn't right up on the alternator. How do you guys do your changes? I've been pulling the air box to get at it easier. I'm running VR1 20w50 with LiquiMoly Mos2 right now, around 75f in the Southeast. Engine seems to like it, with little to no consumption right now. Still going to pull and replace/coat exhaust studs to prevent small leakage.
    I take the filter from the bottom, and change the drain plug every oil change. I use 20w50 too, but where I live temp in 9 months out if the year are above 85. Close to 110f on summer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    e30 325i, the mighty 4 door granma mobile....Gone
    e39 528i, 4 door sports tank

My Cars
    2001 525it
    I have a quick dissconnect oil drain plug is really a nice unit made by stahlblus