Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E36 ramair / cooling ducts

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual

E36 ramair / cooling ducts

Hi, I created new product for us E36 enthusiasts. After successful similar product for the Z3, that was installed in over 30 countries and seen in nurburgring as well as in over 1000 hp turbo M coupe. I wanted to go back to my roots and do similar to E36 as there were not great OEM+ quality products available, for engineering reasons that came soon apparent.

I did 100 hours of designing, prototesting, and repeating that loop.
    Fits all E36 models and M and non-M bumper.
    With 3” outlet, use for engine induction CSL style or in Turbo application. Or use these for serious brake cooling!

These will be professionally manufactured from order.
    Fits perfectly to original mounting points.
    Material is OEM grade ASA + brass.

Comes with best quality stainless steel mounting hardware and installing tool. I have parts for making 24 pairs.

Price for proto quality ABS-plastic pair is 120€ + shipping.
    Price for fine quality ASA-plastic pair 150€ + shipping.
    I highly recommend the ASA version, it is factory printed in superior detail. For trackday car or street beater, sure the ABS version is more than enough, and both versions also can be sanded and painted.

Shipping to Europe area is 35€. Shipping to US 45€, Shipping elsewhere 50€.
    If you want yours right away, just send me payment with paypal to djremotion@hotmail.com and your name, email, phone number and full address/ notes for shipping:
    Lead time with production is 1-2 weeks and I will make final assembly right after and send them your way.

BR: Erik

Now the photos: Here in the cheaper ABS version installed in this great factory individual M sport 328 touring, with american V8 soon in it.

Last edited by Remotion; 09-29-2020 at 07:09 AM.

Z3 & E36 RamAir systems, send private message for more information.

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 sedan

Looks great! I tried to order these a while ago but the seller just won’t write back:/

Last edited by TheJordanWhitte; 09-28-2020 at 05:26 PM.
    98 M3 sedan

My Cars
    yay
    Do want, but waaaaay more money than I'd spend on such a thing.
    Last edited by xxxxxxx; 09-28-2020 at 06:33 PM.
    CARS
    02.92 325is / 06.72 2002 / 02.91 XJ / 08.04 R53 JCW

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    It is 18 hours of print time for each, so 36 hours total with smallest layer height and no infill, it is all solid. I am sorry but making pair in factory cost me 70€ that I cant sell these cheaper and on top of that every pair gets about 10€ worth of best quality hardware (Rothex brass inserts & German DIN 912/ISO 4762 A4 acid-proof stainless hardware plus allen key. Lol key is much cheaper than those 4 screws are.) installed in them with my own hands. I priced these already much cheaper than what I asked for the BMW Z3 versions, those were 100€ more, even though they do not need any manufacturing besides 3d print. Maybe difference is that most Z3 Coupe owners at least are at this point life time owners and want only the best. Vat here in Finland is also 24% so I really struggle to sell these for any cheaper. And dont say you would do it cheaper with your own printer because with specification I want from it, it takes that 18 hours per print and at that point you wont. One pair yes, production from single order constatly: no.
    Again our postal services are propably terrible expensive of what it would be from somewhere else. Finland is one of the most northern countries with high pricing.

I have seen the upper injection molding version in person as well as the very horrible 300€ carbonfiber duct. And those were one of the reasons why I wanted to do proper version. You see the injection molding version has horrible look to it, they have much smaller hole in reality, they do not fit straightaway perfect with zero adaptation. And you need to make holes through the front fascia with big screws. If already that fat round trim around it does not make it already look like a toy car, then the big holes you need to drill and mount visible big bolts into them makes them look horrid. Also if you really are interested in performance then you will be delighted to learn that it is not simply cone but an exponential horn which does without destructive resonances of normal linear horn. In Z3 M52B28 application this made with 3" hose and enclosed filter 9,2grams of air / second and 6c° degrees colder air - against stock box with 7,4g / s, plus hotter air.

TheJordanWhitte, I will answer every question you have.

Ps. I called just the factory that was already won price negotiations. Lets see if the price drops at all but it is on the most expensive ASA version.
    Last edited by Remotion; 09-29-2020 at 06:46 AM.

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    Yeah fantastic but why did you place your "Erik Eriksson" stand out letters exactly where one would connect the hoses to? That's a major design problem for me, because it will disturb the hose connection.
    Last edited by samy01; 09-29-2020 at 06:28 AM.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    I lowered pricing, so proto quality ABS: 120€ pair and ASA pair 150€.
    Shipping price is what it is, but it stays the same if you order 1 pair of 5 or 8 pairs. I would much rather ship more at once, saves you money and saves me money and time.
    Proto quality to be seen here:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by samy01 View Post
    Yeah fantastic but why did you place your "Erik Eriksson" stand out letters exactly where one would connect the hoses to? That's a major design problem for me, because it will disturb the hose connection.
    Letters are only 0,5mm high, so barely nothing, and can be easily sanded away in a minute. With our prototesting, with most pipes it was useful grip to keep hose orientation if you have pre bended hose like silicon hose.. Height wise there is about 1" of straight mounting point for hose and hoseclamp before the rounded part really starts.
    Last edited by Remotion; 09-29-2020 at 07:12 AM.

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    Sorry, those letters are just unnecessary and give me absolutely no benefits. I don't need them to "help position the hose", that's just a lame excuse for the bad design. And I don't want to use sand paper on a 120 or 150 euro plastic piece (including shipping, that's 228 USD for you US guys). Hose connection area must be smooth, everything else is nonsense.
    Last edited by samy01; 09-29-2020 at 07:30 AM.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Sorry, those letters are just unnecessary and give me absolutely no benefits. I don't need them to "help position the hose", that's just a lame excuse for the bad design. And I don't want to use sand paper on a 120 or 150 euro plastic piece (including shipping, that's 228 USD for you US guys). Hose connection area must be smooth, everything else is nonsense.
    Thanks Samy for your input. I could of course remove my name from my product, but I already removed my design firm logo from it and chose to use only text instead. I feel great pride from making these as good as they are and so I want to give them my name. It really is not profitable business using my hours answering in forums and making products for enthusiast instead of commercial. But I have had E36 cars for 17 years and I am very much BMW enthusiast my self.

Text only protrudes 0,5mm = 0.02 inches in height and adds less than 2 grams in weight. There is as is 13,3mm straight before lettering. Regardless I am willing to make you version with as long mounting as you want (within reason). Just say how long mounting surface is best for your application? I got the vibe that maybe you are not in the market regardless? But if you are, I am happy to provide. Here, highlighted in gold color is example with added 20mm to mounting surface height.
    This one of mod will only be available as ABS proto quality aka the cheaper price, as I can not change deal with manufacturing plant for every single customer. I will take no money for the additional design work, so the price stays at 120€ + 45€ shipping for you.

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    I don't want any additional mounting tube, that's just treating the symptom and not the actual cause. I would want your text gone, because it's misplaced. You could place it somewhere else, did you think about that? Maybe somewhere where it's visible when mounted, so it's not completely useless like now, where only the buyer installing it will ever see the letters, who already knows about the product?

Besides, anything where a hose mounts to needs a connecting bead/bulge all the way around, so the hose can't slip off. Where did all the hours go if you didn't think of these things? Yeah you can now say "not necessary, will work without", well yes if that's how you design/work, then do it that way, but that's just not professional. At the same time you're asking for a very high price, but i don't see the high price reflected in the product. Therefore i won't buy such a product then.

I won't buy it for two reasons, 1. price is astronomical (please spare me with the reasons why), 2. I'd have to instruct you how to do it right from a technical/engineering point of view and that's not the kind of seller i'd like to give my money to.
    Last edited by samy01; 09-29-2020 at 09:10 AM.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    I bought a scoop like that it fit some bmw model the is mounded in o the right fog lamp area on the inside and ran the fresh air tube in front of the abs pump Assy to keep it cool plus I’m bringing in air to hot engine compartment it was cheap

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Samy I liked your extremely rude first non edited comment more, yet I like the 2nd part in this too . You are commenting a product you have not even seen, the 76mm connection is tight and works very good. Like I first mentioned I have similar product for Z3 and all users in 30 different countries have been extremely satisfied, often driven in hard enviroment like in Nurburgring Nordscheife etc. 150€ or 200$ should be pocket change for anyone who drives BMW, to get nicely designed piece that actually works, is durable against chemicals and uv rays for long period of time and gives proven torque/power gains with appropriate supporting mods instead of being just cheap generic plastic funnel.

Other responses I have got for the E36 product are for example: "Very very cool! Thanks to you and other people like you keeping this classic very much alive!"

I wont be likely read further comments very often after this. If anyone so decides, you can get these from here: https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/De...-cooling-ducts
    Last edited by Remotion; 09-29-2020 at 09:33 AM.

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    I'm a target group you're not reaching because i have higher expectations towards your product, which are more than justified at your asking price, and i even list what prevents me from choosing this product, and even list the solutions with it. Instead of seeing the value in this, you say bogus arguments like :"200 Dollars is nothing for a BMW driver" and "all others like it". Yeah of course all others who bought it like it, because they're apparently not having higher technical expectations from the part. You don't even know how many people are not buying it because of possible flaws, because they don't give feedback. That's the whole point I'm trying to tell you.

It would cost you absolutely nothing to put your letters on the lower outer part, so they're visible when someone stands in front of the car, and not on the only part of the whole product where a hose has to connect to. And on top of that nobody will ever see your letters on the tube where it's now. And adding a bulge also costs nothing.

The ability to overcome your own pride is what separates the entrepreneurs.

Instead of being thankful for the free information you choose to be too proud to consider it. So be it. I don't really care, it's your business/product. But just don't ever complain you're not selling enough.
    Last edited by samy01; 09-29-2020 at 11:14 AM.

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows
    Looks like something someone could make with some fiberglass and time with those $10 fog light covers that fit perfectly snug.

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    I'm a target group you're not reaching because i have higher expectations towards your product, which are more than justified at your asking price, and i even list what prevents me from choosing this product, and even list the solutions with it. Instead of seeing the value in this, you say bogus arguments like :"200 Dollars is nothing for a BMW driver" and "all others like it". Yeah of course all others who bought it like it, because they're apparently not having higher technical expectations from the part. You don't even know how many people are not buying it because of possible flaws, because they don't give feedback. That's the whole point I'm trying to tell you.

It would cost you absolutely nothing to put your letters on the lower outer part, so they're visible when someone stands in front of the car, and not on the only part of the whole product where a hose has to connect to. And on top of that nobody will ever see your letters on the tube where it's now. And adding a bulge also costs nothing.

The ability to overcome your own pride is what separates the entrepreneurs.

Instead of being thankful for the free information you choose to be too proud to consider it. So be it. I don't really care, it's your business/product. But just don't ever complain you're not selling enough.
    This is an air duct, not a high pressure line. The text probably makes absolutely zero difference, yet here you are again crapping on someone's work for no reason.

OP, very cool product.
    Last edited by CblockM3; 09-29-2020 at 12:08 PM.
    CBlock

Compactive is offline Helpful. BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    3x 318ti
    Thanks all for sharing feedback

@samy01 you've shared your opinions, time to move on if you're not a fan or looking to purchase a set
    Want a custom signature? Post requests here, or PM me here | My Flickr

My Cars
    skateboard

Quote Originally Posted by CblockM3 View Post
    This is an air duct, not a high pressure line. The text probably makes absolutely zero difference, yet here you are again crapping on someone's work for no reason.

OP, very cool product.
    This. It’s always good to see people making products for our cars. If someone doesn’t like the design go make/buy some where’s else.
    Last edited by GG///M3; 09-29-2020 at 01:08 PM.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    yay
    Quote Originally Posted by Remotion View Post
    It is 18 hours of print time for each, so 36 hours total with smallest layer height and no infill, it is all solid. I am sorry but making pair in factory cost me 70€ that I cant sell these cheaper and on top of that every pair gets about 10€ worth of best quality hardware (Rothex brass inserts & German DIN 912/ISO 4762 A4 acid-proof stainless hardware plus allen key. Lol key is much cheaper than those 4 screws are.) installed in them with my own hands. I priced these already much cheaper than what I asked for the BMW Z3 versions, those were 100€ more, even though they do not need any manufacturing besides 3d print. Maybe difference is that most Z3 Coupe owners at least are at this point life time owners and want only the best. Vat here in Finland is also 24% so I really struggle to sell these for any cheaper. And dont say you would do it cheaper with your own printer because with specification I want from it, it takes that 18 hours per print and at that point you wont. One pair yes, production from single order constatly: no.
    Again our postal services are propably terrible expensive of what it would be from somewhere else. Finland is one of the most northern countries with high pricing.
    Trust me, I get it. I run my own business producing and selling goods. If you're trying to turn these into a profitable business, I would take notes from your target market. I know you're very proud of your creation here, and should be. But listen to peoples feedback. It's invaluable information. Then either make changes, or don't. Good luck and nice work.
    CARS
    02.92 325is / 06.72 2002 / 02.91 XJ / 08.04 R53 JCW

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    y'all (most) just don't get it.
    Last edited by samy01; 09-29-2020 at 02:56 PM.

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 sedan
    y'all just don't get it.
    Or you’re the only one who sees it the way you do
    98 M3 sedan

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    It is good to hear your comments.
    I would rather sell STL file for 25€ like I do with some, so that people could print themselves but these involve brass thread inserts and I wanted to spec exactly right lenght stainless machine-screws that wont bottom out through the front fascia if accidentally tightened without bumper mounts between them.
    Something to be noted when installing, on driver side outside temperature sensor needs to be turned into another position because it is aligned with hose path. That is with brake cooling. With engine induction each has your own setup and will know it best how to pipe them, but 3" hose fits from the holes up.

For my own Z3 Coupe I made this engineroom outlet vent because Z3 headlights protrude more than E36 ones. For E36 I have no such item available.

For ramair I suggest making similar divider wall, there is no need to delete original bendy air funnel from kidney you can incorporate that into this shape, in Z3 it takes it from different place, but regardless that path is kept too.
    Last edited by Remotion; 09-30-2020 at 06:41 PM.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    First batch is produced.
    And first North American pairs are going to Chicago and Iowa. Shoutout to you!

Last edited by Remotion; 01-21-2021 at 11:14 PM.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Short video showing the ducts.

My Cars
    e36
    cringe

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    I have one E36 pair available in USA for 100$ if someone wants it immediately. I sent it to Z3 customer by accident.
    It's value is 250$ so this is great opportunity.
    pm very fast me if you want it.

My Cars
    e36
    If the value really is 250$ in the US then why are you selling it for 100$ and not for 250$?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast