Thread: Looking for this exact E28 535is. If you know where it's at, please let me know.

My Cars
    E21 320i, E36 328i

Looking for this exact E28 535is. If you know where it's at, please let me know.

So the 535is that you see in the above pics...my dad's cousin owned it from 2006 up until March of this year. It was such a fun car to drive.

He kept telling me that he was gonna fix it up once he was no longer busy with other stuff he was dealing with. Little did I know that he decided on a whim to get rid of it after keeping it garaged for about the last 5 years. I didn't end up finding out until just after it was gone, and by the time I found out, the car had already been auctioned off from Copart.

I really wanted the car for myself, and I would've gladly bought it from him if I had known he was planning to get rid of it. Anybody know where it's at?

Seriously tho, I'd happily pay to get this car back. I should've never let it slip through the cracks like that.

Specs for the car:

Year/Make/Model: 1987 BMW 535is
    VIN: WBADC7406H0964574
    Transmission: Manual
    Color: Diamantschwarz Metallic

(These pics of the car are from Copart's website btw.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2010 BMW 535xiT
    Good luck finding your car. I used to have one very similar - a Euro spec 520i from the same year - I loved driving that car.

My Cars
    94 740, 74 wagoneer
    Quote Originally Posted by dividebyzero View Post
    So the 535is that you see in the above pics...my dad's cousin owned it from 2006 up until March of this year. It was such a fun car to drive.

He kept telling me that he was gonna fix it up once he was no longer busy with other stuff he was dealing with. Little did I know that he decided on a whim to get rid of it after keeping it garaged for about the last 5 years. I didn't end up finding out until just after it was gone, and by the time I found out, the car had already been auctioned off from Copart.

I really wanted the car for myself, and I would've gladly bought it from him if I had known he was planning to get rid of it. Anybody know where it's at?

Seriously tho, I'd happily pay to get this car back. I should've never let it slip through the cracks like that.

Specs for the car:

Year/Make/Model: 1987 BMW 535is
    VIN: WBADC7406H0964574
    Transmission: Manual
    Color: Diamantschwarz Metallic

(These pics of the car are from Copart's website btw.)

Looks like the picknpull yard in Newark

My Cars
    E21 320i, E36 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by letank View Post
    Looks like the picknpull yard in Newark

Are you asking if that's where those pics were taken? Because they were taken at the Copart facility in San Martin, which is close to San José. OR are you telling me that this car is at Pick-N-Pull in Newark? Because i checked row52.com and i didn't see the car listed on there.

My Cars
    525i & Corvette
    I have this exact car in silver with 157,000 miles. I can send you pictures, please email me at Tom34z@yahoo.com. I, like your dad's cousin, have intended to fix it up because it is such a great car but the reality is I will never have time.