BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: For Sale: 1995 E36 M3 Coupe, Black, 5-Speed in L.A. Area.

My Cars
    E36 M3, S197 Mustang GT

Cool For Sale: 1995 E36 M3 Coupe, Black, 5-Speed in L.A. Area.

I bought this car maybe 10 years ago from my best friend's brother-in-law who bought it as a 3 year old off lease car from a dealer, he drove it on the freeway to and from work 10 miles each way from home up in the bay area. He was tired of looking at it after keeping it parked for a couple years because he loved it so much even after buying a new BMW 335is. I bought the M3 knowing it had many miles on it and I would need to rebuild most of the car. The current mileage is about 272K or so, the car runs very well as evidenced by a recent exceptionally clean SMOG test using an actual sniffer on a chassis dyno and exceptional mileage, about 25+ MPG on the freeway. The car also has a new battery I installed on 09/30/20.

When I brought the M3 home I drove it into the garage and put it up on stands. This was a long process as I wanted to use the best parts and have a coherent result out of the box. It was in the garage on stands for over two years while I bought parts and researched to ensure no issues would be discovered after having done so much work. Anyway the process was to pull off and catalog everything down to the nuts and bolts starting with the wheels and tires, brakes, brake hoses, brake cables, exhaust manifolds, down-pipe / cat, rear muffler, driveshaft, shifter, struts, front anti-roll bar, rear anti-roll bar, rear dampers, rear springs, rear axles, wheel bearings, all control arms, tie rods, differential & subframe, fuel tank.

There are many detail improvements in the suspension all done with real world street use in mind. I'm a grownup and have built cars that were just not fun on the street anymore, this is not one of them. After a lot of study and list building I bought almost all new BMW chassis fasteners after finding out that most of the fasteners are unique to the E36 chassis and I did not want to reuse fasteners in high stress locations or fasteners with corrosion It seems like a small thing but on any high mileage chassis IMO it is important even though it costs a surprisingly large amount of extra cash extra to do it this way. I installed all new bushings and ball joints, 34 total I think is the number and backdated the bushings to ball joints where later M3 chassis had been upgraded by BMW, I also welded in a good rear subframe reinforcement kit and repainted the welds. No poly bushings were used because they are ride killers on this chassis. Where they are available, I used the higher durometer BMW Motorsports bushings and on the rear lower control arms I installed BMW Motorsport RTABs with Turner RTAB limiter kit to increase the RTAB life and reduce compliance which reduces the typical toe change on cars with stock bushings and no limiters.

I managed to dig up a full set of T.C. Kline Koni Double-Adjustable race coilovers that had been shortened for road racing from another BMW chassis. I called T.C. (he used to be sponsored by my buddy who owns APS/Neuspeed) and asked if what I had found would work and what springs I needed for a stock M3 anti-roll bar car that would not kill street drivability / ride. I also asked what the valving should be for a full rebuild by ProParts my local Koni authorized damper shop. ProParts got the valving data from T.C. Kline and I ordered 400# linear front springs and 600# progressives out back from T.C. and dropped the coilovers and rear dampers off for a full rebuild.

I replaced all wheel bearings front and rear using BMW or BMW OE parts, installed rebuilt rear axles, new control arms, tie rods etc. rebuilt the brake calipers using OE BMW seals and dust boots, installed the most excellent brass caliper guide bushings, new Brembo vented rotors, installed EBC Blue Stuff pads and Teflon S.S. wrapped brake hoses all around with new bleeders filled and bled using Motul RBF 600 brake fluid which IMO is really the best stuff. When I reassembled the suspension, I used Vorshlag race camber plates and BimmerWorld upper shock tower rear reinforcements and bushings. I found a new BMW front lower tie bar for the M3 because they made a difference in other E36 chassis I worked on, but I never got to install it. The car has a fresh set of Conti-Extreme DWs on a square set of 8.5" x17" BMW style 39 wheels. Lots of other spares and original parts, some just never installed like the BMW M3 lower front suspension brace.

The head was pulled for an external oil leak and while it was out, I had the valves done, new seats and guides and seals. I could not however locate OE lifters in time for a BMWCCA drive to the Monterey Historic auto races, so they did not get replaced but when I got back, there they were of course. The car also has BavAuto high output ignition coils, Euro M3 air intake filter box, Euro MAF and larger fuel injectors sitting on the shelf, all you need is the larger elbow and an EPROM from BimmerWorld or Turner. The VANOS was rebuilt using the DrVanos kit and a newer solenoid source from DrVanos. Other details include the later BMW E36 M3 factory tubular manifolds with the double down pipe and dual cats for a true dual exhaust system which flows much better at high RPM. This was all designed to take advantage of the high flow but quieter Euro M3 air filter and larger Euro MAF. If you add the EPROM and the larger Euro size elbow you will pick up 30HP+ at the crank, so easily 25HP at the tire which is easy to feel and see on the clock. I had the drive shaft rebuilt with new bearings and a new center bearing and flex disc, rebuilt the shifter top to bottom using a BMW motorsport bushing kit and OE BMW parts for the hardware. I installed a new BMW dual mass clutch and slave cylinder and hose lines, which is smoother and retains a stock idle unlike lighter flywheels and so-called sport clutches. The engine has an upgraded Stewart high performance water pump, OE radiator and hoses, a new belt damper and pulleys and is filled with the correct blue BMW coolant, also has new motor mounts and trans mount.

The A/C blows cool, not cold as is their custom, headlights are glass euro DE with halogen bulbs and clear corners with yellow bulbs not USA sealed beams. The side markers and rear taillights are euro red/white lenses. This car has new door seals impossible to buy, they are over $1,000 a pair if you can even find them in stock anyplace, it took years for me to find a new pair from Germany. The sunroof cartridge was removed and rebuilt but has recently developed a rattle, the headliner was redone too. The passenger window regulator was replaced with a new regulator and motor and the front seatbelts are new parts from BMW. The interior is okay but the Vaders need recovering, black gaffers tape has been working very well for me as it has been more important to me to have a reliable and fantastic driving car so I spent the money on the mechanicals not cosmetics. It has a radio and I know it works but I don’t listen to it because unless it is raining, I’m driving with the windows down to hear the car working. The rear speakers are included but not installed.

Below are some photos of the car at the Early Rodder cars and coffee gathering I used to go to every weekend, click to see a larger image. I miss those 6:00 AM drives up to get coffee and hanging with my friends. To the best of my knowledge the car has never been in a serious accident, all panels and molded body parts match the VIN.

I don’t want to keep paying registration and CA insurance for all these cars when I can't even drive them in my self-imposed Covid-19 lockdown. I'm hiding out from Covid-19 so I recently changed the registration to non-op to avoid paying for registration and insurance on a car that is not being driven. It has a unique personal plate too: EW MW8, turn it upside down for fun. ��

I have most of the receipts for the parts purchased from Pelican, but I am missing most of the Turner and BimmerWorld receipts and all of the parts purchased from other forum sellers and local BMW dealer but trust me the Pelican parts receipts will be enough to convenience you the car is real. If you want to see a CARFAX type report based on the VIN here is the VIN: WBSBF9324SEH05782. If you buy the car and complete the transaction, I will pay the cost of a report up to $40. Or if you are smart you will go to a public records VIN site and get 99% of the same information for a lot less.

Looking for $9K cash.

Chip Louie
    (626) 823-4546

P1020466.jpg P1020475.jpg P1020476.jpg P1020472.jpg P1020468.jpg
    Last edited by YAOGinanM3; 10-15-2020 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Additional information, clarity

My Cars
    98 Turbo M3, 04 E53 X5
    Any pics of the interior, under the hood, and trunk area?

98 Fern Green M3/2 - Precision 6870/AR Designs Twin Scroll/RK/E85
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmaxx - Family Whip
    2011 Pierce 75' Quint - Fire Apparatus West Islip FD

My Cars
    E36 M3, S197 Mustang GT
    NY98M3, sorry I don't have any other photos but can take a few in a day or two. The car is parked outside so it is dirty at the moment. It is the typical interior, the door cards were done but the steering wheel is worn, no cracks in the dash and the rear shelf carpet is faded. The trunk? Do you mean inside? The gray mat is in there as are the jack and handle, not much to see but will snap a few. The rear shock towers have the usual plate reinforcements inside and out but you can't see them really.

My Cars
    1994 325i
    Great deal. Too bad covid-19 has me trying to save all my money maybe if I sell off some of my car parts I can get up to your asking. I'll keep watching this.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 325i
    Interested in seeing the interior of the car. This looks like exactly what I've been searching for. Thanks!

My Cars
    1994 325i
    Beautiful car ran nice really surprised also came with everything you would need for years to come. Unfortunately it fell right outside my budget. Anyone looking into buying this the seller is amazing really easy to work with great stories.

Chip best of luck with the sale I hope it finds a good home.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Alpine white
    Is this still for sale?

My Cars
    E36 M3, S197 Mustang GT
    Yes.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 TURBO
    Pm’d
    1995 M3 Turbo, Alpine White

My Cars
    BMW 535i