Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Fuse/junction box replacement for 235i m sport e91

My Cars
    325i m sport touring

Fuse/junction box replacement for 235i m sport e91

This is a reasonably new car to me, and my first bmw.

I came back to the car yesterday to find it completely dead. I thought I’d left the lights on maybe, but found the battery voltage still at 12.6v.

Nothing inside the car works. No interior lighting, no alarm system, no ignition or recognition of the key. I can hear the fuel pump or something priming when I open the car door... The car is otherwise dead.

So, did a bunch of reading up on this (thanks to everyone here for the content!) and lead me to find out about the b+ cable recall.

I started testing the leads from the battery to the fuse box in the glove box, and discovered that I was getting power through to the fuse box, and the fuses I tested were reading 12v. I could even measure the correct current at the OBDB ll port. Weird... and still no power inside the car.

I started pulling the fuse box out, and discovered that the b+ recall HAS been done on the car. Last resort I am now changing out the whole fuse box, but not quite sure on exact replacement. I’ve read in a few places that 9119446-03 is backward compatible with 9119444-03, and someone had one near my house available on eBay. Picked it up, but looking at it, there are some components under the plastic that seem different?

Can this box be used? Do I need to source a 9119444-03 from the same year, or will an older one still work?

Can’t find a lot of solid info on this anywhere.

Thank you

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Go to www.realoem.com and enter the last 7 characters of your car’s vehicle identification number. Hit enter and bookmark the page. Scroll down to vehicle electrical system. There you’ll find all of the electrical parts for the car. It will also tell you which part numbers have been superseded.

My Cars
    325i m sport touring
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
    Go to www.realoem.com and enter the last 7 characters of your car’s vehicle identification number. Hit enter and bookmark the page. Scroll down to vehicle electrical system. There you’ll find all of the electrical parts for the car. It will also tell you which part numbers have been superseded.
    Thanks. Very useful.

Strangely it shows that the part number should be 61149119445 (6114 - 9119445), however... my car has part
    6114 - 9119444, and there's no mention of 9119445 supersedeeding 9119444 there. If I search for 61149119444 it also doesn't seem to exist.

Here's the link

I got here via the VIN, but oddly that link shows the max year as 2008 for that part, even though mine is 2009...

Is this because it's different for EU/US cars? Is there a similar EU part / superseed search?

Cheers

EDIT: here's a shot of my distribution box with the part number visible
    IMG_0914.jpg
    Last edited by Synt4x; 09-21-2020 at 10:52 AM.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    realoem shows the part# ending with “5” as being the correct part #. I search realoem without specifying a vin or a car. It came up with this:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/partxref?q=61149119445

My Cars
    325i m sport touring
    So, I managed to source the exact same box as was in the car previously... Now it's installed the interior lights work, but that's it! nothing else!

A bit stumped here tbh, I can see there's power to the OBD II port so it seems the fuse box is getting power. I checked the layout against https://fuse-box.info/bmw/bmw-3-seri...uses-and-relay and everything matches expectation.

Any ideas on what I should check next?

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Is the new fuse panel new or used. The link shows multiple fuse panels. Did you check them all?