Thread: Hobbies

My Cars
    1980 BMW 320i E21 M10B18

Cool Hobbies

Anyone here on this forum fly drones -- Quad-copters ? I have a couple and fly them take pictures and video ect... I have a pair of Holy Stone Drones HS110D(1080p Camera Pictures and Videos) and a Mini Drone HS210 and will likely get a GPS Drone later on....... Flying Drones does not have to be expensive to have fun at it.

Randy
    Last edited by 320iAman; 09-15-2020 at 07:28 PM.

My Cars
    1978 323i
    What's a GPS drone? Is that one that follows a route planned on a map?

My Cars
    1980 BMW 320i E21 M10B18

Cool

Yes, it can. GPS usually is synchronized before take off so that the Drone knows where the take off spot is usually within a foot or two-the modern drones have a 3 ways to return to home or take off point--low battery, lost signal with remote control, and a RTH key on the remote control, the first two the drone does automatically the third the drone pilot presses the RTH key on the RC, GPS prevents a lost drone when too far away to see plus map navigation ect with GPS enabled the RC or App shows the Height and distance the Drone is from the Remote Control at a minimum.

Randy
    Last edited by 320iAman; 09-17-2020 at 09:32 AM.

My Cars
    1981 320i silver
    Do you have any videos on youtube Randy?

My Cars
    1980 BMW 320i E21 M10B18

Cool

No, I'm just starting up,, later on,

9-17-2020.jpg 1920 x 1080p Picture I took today at a Park nearby. Same park today,same place, different angle09-18-2020.jpg

Randy
    Last edited by 320iAman; 09-18-2020 at 03:41 PM.

My Cars
    1981 320i silver
    that's good

My Cars
    1980 BMW 320i E21 M10B18

Cool

I'm getting a New Drone with GPS , it has a FPV Controller that shows speed ,height and distance has fail safe enabled has brushless motors , an advanced version. It weighs over 255 grams- 2 1/4 lbs so I had to register with a FAA as recreational drone pilot , I got my license already good for 3 years and have FAA license number and my phone number made in permanent decal to affix to the drone being sent tomorrow,,FAA rules. More than one drone to fly more than twice the fun...

Randy
    Last edited by 320iAman; 09-21-2020 at 09:05 PM.

My Cars
    1980 BMW 320i E21 M10B18

Cool

Here is my New Hubsan H501S Drone, a GPS Model. I got it yesterday and upgraded the firmware to get Circle Fly or Orbit mode--1st it will orbit the Remote Controller, 2nd it Orbits something out in the distance like a building, tree , ect. This one has GPS and FPV-First Person View. The camera on the drone sends the 1080p image to the remote control screen for live Video, I also have a Micro SD card 16Gb installed so the Video is recorded for playback. With GPS enabled the drone has fail safe enabled and fly's smooth and precisely.. This Drone weighs over 250 grams so the pilot must be registered with the FAA and there must be the Drone Pilots license Number on the drone,, I bought some printed stickers with the FAA License number and my phone number and attached them to the drone. Being Heavier light winds are not a problem. This Drone has two modes, American Hand Mode 2 and Japanese Hand Mode 1--Modes are which side the throttle stick is on..Mode 2 is default mode, American Hand.

Positioning Satellites: 3 Systems I have heard of:
    GPS :United States
    GLONASS: Russia
    BEIDOU: China
    Xiaomi FIMI X8SE 2020 Drone gets signals from all 3.

DSCI0567.JPGDSCI0568.JPG

Randy
    Last edited by 320iAman; 09-26-2020 at 06:03 PM.

My Cars
    1980 BMW 320i E21 M10B18

Cool

a few More Pictures

HBS00000.jpgHBS00000_0.jpgHBS00000_1.jpg 1080p

Randy

My Cars
    1981 320i silver
    Where do you live Randy? Oak Park?

Sunday rolling in Oak Park

By Jackson Griffith

This article was published on 11.06.08.

Advertisement

Rain is good. Rain is sweet.
    Except when it gets in the way of getting on a bicycle. So Saturday morning’s downpour put the kibosh on two-wheeling. But isn’t it better occasionally to stay inside and listen to the rain pelt the roof?
    Anyway, on Sunday around noon, some cyclist friends and I met outside the old Coloma Community Center on T Street. We looked up, fretted and wondered if we were in for more drenching. Nah, the sky looks all right, I said. It will not rain. Bike around town enough and one gets a good sense of the weather.
    And it was all right. I crossed Stockton Boulevard at Eighth Avenue. A few blocks later, four people on the corner at 43rd Street across from Jay & Gee Market walked en masse. “I tole you you betta stop shootin’ that dope!” a tall man shouted. The woman he addressed had scrunched up her face in pain, opening her mouth with a wordless cry. The group continued walking. I rode on.
    Westbound Eighth Avenue dead-ends into Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, and if you keep going you’ll run into one of my favorite signs in town: a painting of a dapper man wearing a player’s hat and nice shades on the facade of a tan stucco building, the large initials “O.G.” book-ending the man. To its left an advertisement reads, “Lil Dis-N-Lil Dat, Fashion Trendsetta’s,” and on its right Baytown Bail Bonds and Notary.
    Around the corner on Seventh Avenue, there’s a well-kept house with an early ’50s Chevy coupe behind a waist-high cyclone fence. A block in, turn right on 37th, and at the crest of a small hill there’s a gray house where people never fail to wave or call out “hello.”
    Left on Fifth, right on 36th at the Thompson Funeral Home and up to Broadway, which cuts at an angle through this stretch of Oak Park. The nearby Bicycle Kitchen and BrickHouse Gallery were closed, and across the street on the pie-shaped corner is a building that, according to BrickHouse proprietor Dave Dave, will someday house a breakfast joint called Orphan, in the front part of the space where Naked Lounge and Tupelo Coffeehouse roasts. A glance through the windows didn’t give much evidence of anything happening soon.
    Just up the street is a dry cleaner with a new facade (Dry Clean Today), but an ancient blue-and-white sign for Stinson Bros. hangs over the sidewalk, broken neon tubes tracing the letters. Too bad modern graphics have replaced these old neon signs, because they’re much superior.
    Rolling up to 35th Street, the entire tableau in the wide-open expanse turned into a Dutch Masters rendering of a Robert Crumb cityscape, the sky a gently shifting palette of robin’s egg blue mixed with cottony white, with soft beams of light from a distant sun eliciting other grays and golds. On the trees the leaves broadcasted colors, varying from green and olive through gold and yellow to orange and vermilion, framed by lawns and other flora drunk from rainstorms and radiating deep-green happiness. And the sidewalks and pavement still glistened with wetness and fallen leaves.
    I wheeled across Broadway, reveling in the palm-lined center divider, and past the back of the now-shuttered Primo’s Swiss Club. Up to 33rd and right, I followed what sounded like Levi Stubbs testifying, and found a storefront church called the Apostolic Lighthouse, door open, with a small crowd rocking to a preacher in full-tilt James Brown-at-the-Apollo mode.
    Some days, though, you just don’t need saving, because everything is already too all right.

My Cars
    1980 BMW 320i E21 M10B18

Cool

Arden-Arcade Area , The Pictures are from Howe Park, Howe Park and Street, ect is named after General Howe, a US Military Man. Howe Park is in Arden-Arcade Area, on Howe Street ,Bell Street, and Cottage Way.

Randy
    Last edited by 320iAman; 10-10-2020 at 07:32 PM.

My Cars
    1981 320i silver
    That's a nice area. Personally I prefer the more sleazy, seedy parts of the city. And Sacramento is a city alright. I like West Sacramento too, which is a separate, small city all it's own.

My Cars
    1980 BMW 320i E21 M10B18

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by okieflats View Post
    That's a nice area. Personally I prefer the more sleazy, seedy parts of the city. And Sacramento is a city alright. I like West Sacramento too, which is a separate, small city all it's own.
    lol, Oak Park has been going thru renovations and renewals, its being cleaned up some.. Maybe you mean 5th street,, anything goes there,, oh wait, that is when the California State Police were around and did beats-they were on foot and were guarding State Buildings and the Capitol Area from undesirables , far cry from now and in the past some years ago. The California State Police in this era were true State Police, any business that a citizen or other had with the State of California started with them and there initial investigation , if the matter State Unemployment or State Disability benefits, State Licenses , ect They would investigate and if approved it would be sent to a State Bureaucrat for there rubber stamp of approval and said person at large would get the approval thru the mail , you could not miss these California State Police they were all 6' 8'' tall and close to 300 lbs and all had a phd in Criminology, this type of administration is called a Strong State Model anything else a weak one. One saw them on there beat or one was out of luck no office visits allowed, all due process guarantees were done as well via ex parte or parte where required by California State Laws, be they Administrative, Statutory, Ordinary, Extraordinary or Constitutional.

Randy
    Last edited by 320iAman; 10-12-2020 at 01:43 PM.