Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Bluebus - quick and easy bluetooth for your ibus-equipped E38, E39, E46, E53 and more

My Cars
    E38 L7, E93 335is

Bluebus - quick and easy bluetooth for your ibus-equipped E38, E39, E46, E53 and more

I was surprised I couldn't find a thread on here for the BlueBus device that came out this year.

https://www.bluebus.dev/

Received mine in the mail a couple weeks ago and installed it right away. Lets you stream music and make/take phone calls through your ibus-equipped BMW. Mine went into a 1997 E38 with about 4 minutes of effort. Unplug the CD changer and plug this in instead (assuming you have an ibus changer, rather than the older M bus).

In addition to the music and telephone features, it enables comfort signalling (choose 1, 3 or 5 ticks of the indicator) and automatic locking/unlocking. More features are planned.

Sadly I can't testify to the sound quality because either my C43 radio or DSP or something else is dead (diagnosis ongoing) but testimonies on other sites claim the audio is excellent.

It also integrates with the factory microphone. Or you can add your own. If anyone has mic suggestions I'm all ears.
    StirlingM5
    Alpina.ca

My Cars
    2003 BMW 540i M-Sport
    I've had a BlueBus installed in my E39 for just over a month now. So far I am very pleased with it. Install is very easy, though I do recommend bolting the unit down or securing it somewhere in the nav computer area to keep it from flopping around.

It is compatible with the BMW factory microphone, or with an aftermarket microphone. I chose to install the factory microphone (84 31 6 938 762). Note that if you want this, you may need a TCU cable to connect the BlueBus to the car wiring. If your car came installed with the factory microphone, you're likely fine. If your car did NOT come installed with the factory microphone then you likely need the TCU adapter cable. You can buy from the BlueBus developer. He's great to work with.

Audio quality is excellent, as far as Bluetooth goes. I have noticed no unusual loss in quality between the source (usually my phone) and the car stereo. It sounds as good as any other Bluetooth car system I own or have tried.

My Cars
    1998 540i
    This thing looks alright except for the fact that it isn't great for those of us without a factory amp. I'm assuming that 6-pin header is an analog out to the non-DSP amp, in which case you'd need a mixer of some manner to use without the factory amp...?

My Cars
    2001 325i Sedan