$25,000

Prior configurations:
1993 M3 Euro: Purchased used in Paris, France in 2005. It was then slowly modified. Upon moving to Pont St Esprit, France in 2007 the car was modified for Hill Climb racing. A spark plug malfunction necessitated an engine rebuild in 2008. Upon completion of the rebuild and further race prep I moved back to the US. In 2009 the car was dismantled and shipped to the US to be rebuilt.

1995 M3 US:
Bought new and campaigned in SCCA autocross on the West Coast area by Carl and Julianne Buckland throughout the late 90’s. Carl deemed the car “ICE-9” the name stuck. “The Bucklands’sM3 racer has benefitted from the help of BMP Design, Turner Motorsports, H&R, Performance Friction, t.c Kline, BMW of Murray and Jim Conforti Shark Chips)” Grassroots Motorsports. Carl and Julianne Buckland were former SCCA solo trials Champions. They were key figure in SCCA racing in the late 1990’s with the BMW. He was also the go-to person on BMW forums due to his track knowledge. The car was featured in Grassroots Motorsports and European car magazines.

After completing racing the car it was stripped and sold in pieces. The body was sold to John Van Houten of Elephant Motorsports in 1999. John fitted a roll cage and prepped the car for NASA Racing. He sold the car to me in 2011. I combined the Euro car with the US car in 2012 and lightly/rarely tracked the car since. It occasionally sees road use as well.

An interesting quote from Carl Buckland when he put the car up for sale.

“Although it would probably past the muster of most Q-tippers. I would rather not bother with them.” “This car is in excellent condition, has been maintained fanatically, all expendable parts have been replaced regularly, and it has been used enthusiastically, like I think that an M3 was designed to be used.”

I echo the fact that this car continues to be “used enthusiastically, like I think an M3 was designed to be used”. This is an enthusiast’s car that I am proud to have owned and built in its many versions over the past 15 years.

Current configuration:
A 1995 BMW M3 euro spec Race car. Used for track day sessions only. Has seen occasional use over the past 10 years. Runs very well with plenty of torque and top end power. Extremely nimble and easy to drive. Fun for professionals and Novices. Power is more than sufficient. Not violent. I have used it to hone my technical driving skills as it responds very well to command and lets you know what you are doing without any backlash. It is very neutral and can be handled with one hand throughout the track. You can turn the car with throttle and shifting in conjunction to the wheel for faster lap times and increased fun. Can be easily set up for NASA racing among others or continue life as a happy track day car.

Motor/trans:
- s50b30 Euro out of a 1993 BMW M3 Euro
- JE custom Pistons 11.3-1 (up from original 10.8-1)
- Pauter forged rods
- Shcrick cams 284 degree
- Bottom end assembled by Jean-Louis Cupisol
- Final assembly by myself in collaboration with Garage Lafont (Bagnol-su-Cez, France)
- Original 5 speed with UUC lightened flywheel and M5 Kevlar Race clutch
- Refurbished shift linkage
- Custom cold air box with fiber filter
- Custom ECM tune
- Updated aluminum radiator
- Original (1993) euro oil cooler
- 1993 Air pump delete
- Power steering

Differential:
3.64 diff with upgraded clutch for faster lock

Exhaust:
- Oem Euro Header/collector
- Supersprint Race mid section without cats
- Supersprint muffler section

Suspension:
- 1993 M3 power rack and pinion
- D2 36-way adjustable shocks on four corners
- Spherical spring perch on front with adjustable camber plate
- Coil over front
- Adjustable rear perch
- Original sway bars front and rear
- Poly bushings front and rear
- Custom flat steel convertible X-Brace

Body:
- 1995 BMW M3
- Avus Blue
- 143,000 miles
- All original panels and bumpers
- Original H&R hood decal
- Fully stripped including sound deadening
- Both Door windows removed
- Both Door window regulators removed
- AC/heater unit removed
- Original trim and badges
- Professionally installed roll cage by Jim Van Houten (elephant Racing)
- DTM style roll cage, Tied in at front and rear shock towers, bars for window net installed
- Sunroof removed and welded in
- RTAB Rear Trailing Arm pockets re-enforcement
- Rear sway bar re-enforcement
- Motor mount re-enforcement
- Minor dents and dings
- Paint wear on front bumper from sand, etc
- MKAH door panels installed front and rear
- MKAH front splitter installed
- MKAH floor pans

Tire/rim:
- 18X8 OZ Superleggera rims
- 225/40 18 goodyear Eagle F1 (tires worn and due to replace for next track session)
- No spare tire/rim

Lighting:
- Euro M3 rear taillights
- Euro Glass headlights
- Recent Euro M3 front blinkers
- US side markers disconnected
- Fog lights removed

Wiring:
- M3 Euro wiring harness
- Stripped of accessories and Lightened

Interior:
- 1995 dash cut for cage
- Corbeau race seat (not dated for racing)
- 5 point cam lock harness (one year old and dated)
- Older racing steering wheel
- 1993 M3 center console
- UUC aluminum shift knob
- Euro Cluster (in kilometer)
- No radio, etc
- No rear seat

Brakes:
- OEM M3 calipers on all four
- EBC yellow stuff pads
- EBC dimpled and slotted rotors

Comes with:
- Car cover
- Window sticker
- Prior detailed service history from Carl Buckland
- Light service history and documentation from the European M3
- “European car” Magazine with feature of car
- Copy of Grassroots Motorsports article

- Package of Carl Buckland’s online Forum discussions about the e36 M3 (a goldmine of information on the model) 1-inch thick