Hello all,

My 550i E60 LCI is equipped with rain / light sensor.
I am going to replace the windscreen soon because it has a crack.

There are no visual problems/cracks in the area where the rain / light sensor is installed.
Rain sensor seems to be working fine, also automatic lights also work fine from what I can tell. The problem is with high-beam assistant.

When I go on a highway I use this function often.
It works perfectly fine with non-xenon lights from the cars moving towards me and the high-beams turn off, from maybe 200-400 meters, really far.
But when there is a car with xenon lights it works incorrectly.
It only turns off when the car is very close, like 5-10 meters. Only then it turns off.

Also sometimes high-beams turn off normally but then all of a sudden turn back on again while the car is still moving towards me causing me blinding other driver.

How can this be fixed? I know for a fact there is a process on re-initialization for the rain sensor in INPA. But is there such a thing for the light sensor?
Maybe the rain / light sensor needs to be replaced? Maybe some other thing needs to be replaced?

I am pretty sure there must be some kind of problem because my BMW is factory equipped with xenon lights, it would be very strange not to program this high-beam assistant for xenon lights.

Thanks!