Thread: Perez to leave Racing Point at the end of 2020 F1 season

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG

Perez to leave Racing Point at the end of 2020 F1 season

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...he-end-of-2020

Really sucks for Checo, considering the role he played in saving the team and he is a really decent driver. I guess this paves way for the thug Vettel. Racing Point will regret the pestilence the thug brings forth.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Roadster
    Yeah, Vettel used to be a great driver but has lost it the last 2 years. I doubt he will do better than Perez. Maybe he will end up at Red Bull?

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    I hope RP announces Vettel at the next race, take some of Ferrari's thunder for being such ass-clowns about his departure all year

Would love to see Checo come to Haas to replace Grosjean. Checo would bring some more money too with his sponsors, maybe see Haas back fighting with Renault next year...

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    It’s official: The Thug has been confirmed at Aston Martin

My Cars
    '97 BMW M3/2/5
    Sucks that Checo is losing his drive over Stroll, but we all sort of saw it coming. Can't blame RP imo for signing Vettel though. Any team would be mad to pass up a 4x WDC. The experience and knowledge they bring is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a team like RP. Don't forget who drove for Mercedes for the three seasons preceding the start of their domination.
    Feel free to ask about my car:

TRM Coilovers 560f/784r | Epic Motorsports Tune | Apex Arc-8 17x9.5 et35 | Wilwood SL-4 BBK
    M50 Manifold | ASC Delete | Dinan BBTB | Fan Delete | Power Pulleys | Dinan CAI |
    S54 Oil Cooler
    Z3 Rack | Crossbrace | 3.38 LSD | Dinan Strut Tower Brace | AKG Chassis Mount Shifter
    SS Long Tubes | SS Race Exhaust |
    LTW Replica Wing | MM Underpanel | CF Sunroof Delete
    OE GT Front Splitter | Rear Rollbar | Rear Seat Delete | BW Fuel Starvation | Turtle Labs Door Panels
    And Really Old Paint

Check out my YouTube channel for more DIY's and videos about my E36 M3

My Cars
    2000 EuroSport RHD 540it
    I think once free from the politics at Ferrari, Vettel may bounce back strong, especially with the relative pace shown with the current (T)Racing Point car. Also I know it will never happen but I like the combination of Hulkenburg and Checko at Haas for next year

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpy2 View Post
    Sucks that Checo is losing his drive over Stroll, but we all sort of saw it coming. Can't blame RP imo for signing Vettel though. Any team would be mad to pass up a 4x WDC. The experience and knowledge they bring is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a team like RP. Don't forget who drove for Mercedes for the three seasons preceding the start of their domination.
    I think we all knew Stroll wasn't going anywhere, and honestly, he's outperforming Perez by quite a bit this year (57 vs 34). I also don't blame RP for signing Vettel, and I think next year he'll be more motivated and come out strong.

Quote Originally Posted by mateo8 View Post
    I think once free from the politics at Ferrari, Vettel may bounce back strong, especially with the relative pace shown with the current (T)Racing Point car. Also I know it will never happen but I like the combination of Hulkenburg and Checko at Haas for next year
    Agreed, I think a change of pace will do wonders for him.

I'd be very, very surprised if Haas ditches both drivers in one year. For whatever reason they seem infatuated with their current driver lineup...

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    I think we all knew Stroll wasn't going anywhere, and honestly, he's outperforming Perez by quite a bit this year (57 vs 34). I also don't blame RP for signing Vettel, and I think next year he'll be more motivated and come out strong.

Agreed, I think a change of pace will do wonders for him.

I'd be very, very surprised if Haas ditches both drivers in one year. For whatever reason they seem infatuated with their current driver lineup...
    Checo has missed two races, thats 10 - 20 points there. But yes, for the other 6 races, Stroll has performed better, its been close overall. He also had that freak podium at Monza.

Frankly, i dont see how Vettel will improve Racing Point. He lacks racecraft and has had too many self induced incidents over the last 3 years.

I hope Haas drops Grosjean. He brings nothing, b!tches too much and never accepts fault.

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by VĒmp View Post
    Checo has missed two races, thats 10 - 20 points there. But yes, for the other 6 races, Stroll has performed better, its been close overall. He also had that freak podium at Monza.

Frankly, i dont see how Vettel will improve Racing Point. He lacks racecraft and has had too many self induced incidents over the last 3 years.

I hope Haas drops Grosjean. He brings nothing, b!tches too much and never accepts fault.
    Dont know where that lacks racecraft comes from. Forgot Singapore? Japan? Germany?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    e30 325i, the mighty 4 door granma mobile....Gone
    e39 528i, 4 door sports tank

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Germany? The one where he went into the gravel while leading? Singapore..where he crashed at the start and took out MAX and Kimi? He spins too much, all by himself and his wheel to wheel combat almost always results in crashes.

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    Germany 2019, singapore 2019.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    e30 325i, the mighty 4 door granma mobile....Gone
    e39 528i, 4 door sports tank

My Cars
    2000 EuroSport RHD 540it
    Quote Originally Posted by VĒmp View Post
    Germany? The one where he went into the gravel while leading? Singapore..where he crashed at the start and took out MAX and Kimi? He spins too much, all by himself and his wheel to wheel combat almost always results in crashes.
    He may have had several incidents with Ferrari but they have always really excelled in low downforce environments (look at SPA and Monza last year). But if you look at his Red Bull days, when the car was a heavier downforce car, he was unbeatable for 4 years straight. I think with the current regulations and his overall experience as a 4 time world champion, he can coax performance out of the RP which will rival that of Mercedes and Red Bull as a contender for podiums every race next year, especially as there won't be that much they can change until the new regulations kick in. I am biased as I am a Vettel fan, but you have to admit the car and his team of mechanics they have given him this year, compared to Leclerc, look like the experimental practice car and mechanic squad. Even Leclerc, who looks like the future of F1, was caught out at parabolic and suffered a massive crash last week showing even the new "superstar" can't control the current Ferrari (I'd personally take a spin over a crash as the spun car can come back in search of points later in the race). I feel like people discredit Seb when he was at Red Bull, but nonetheless he has won 4 drivers championships making him one of the greatest in history

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Roadster
    From what I read in various places, Ferrari lost a lot of power when that oil burning trick was found last year. They are apparently down 40-50hp compared with Mercedes. Because of the high engine power they had last year, the car was designed with high downforce so that they would have the best of both worlds. After losing all that power, with high downforce, they were down substantially in speed, and are now trying to remove the downforce. Since this is being done in a rush, they have turned the car into an undriveable mess, and nobody can control it. Vettel used to be world class but I think he started showing skill deterioration last year and the year before, even when the car wasn't such a mess. i wish him the best going to Aston Martin but I don't think he can compete with the likes of Hamilton, Verstappen, or even Bottas, Ricciardo, and Leclerc anymore.