Thread: BMW 530i xD - G30 - HiFi System 676 - Upgrade

My Cars
    2019 BMW 530i Xd

BMW 530i xD - G30 - HiFi System 676 - Upgrade

BMW 530i xD - G30 - HiFi System 676.

The system is above average for sure, but it lacks an enjoyable experience. Base lands flats beyond a point, as if there is not enough power. The speakers dont speak loudly enough. I think when the system is loud enough it open up, and sound more clear. Car is around 18 months old, so speakers have been broken-in. I am looking for 25% improvement in loudness and bass on my present setup. Probably 1st advice would be to put an AMP but then at point I would anyways upgrade the speakers to get the right output. So I think I will like to start with Woofers first and if that does not improve the experience. Then replace front pair, then rear pair and then put an amplifier, or get my ears checked.

Please share advice and experiences on Audio System upgrade. I have read a lot about Bavsound and BimmerTech upgrades. What I am surprised, none of the forums/videos/blogs have tried any other options than above. Are these speakers really the best, and the value they offer is worth the price? Has no one really tried to use popular after market brands speaker brands.

It will be great if you share your opinions, experiences and advices on --

Woofers Options
    1. EarthQuake
    2. Match Subwoofers 8 inch
    3. Bavsound GHOST BMW
    4. Focal I Sub 2

Speaker Options
    I would like to have component in the front, and coaxial in the rear. Dont have many 4 inch component speaker options there. So for now going with all Coaxial

1. Infinity Reference CoAxial
    2. RockFord
    3. Kicker CS Series
    4. GRS B100-4 4" BMW replacement full-range driver pair
    5. NVX 4 inch
    6. Other options

What do you recommend ?

My Cars
    '09 328i Sdn, '14 535i
    I've put BavSound Woofers (stage2) and Speakers (stage 1) in 2 BMWs. The first was an 09 328i with standard system. Avoided music before BavSound - Stage 1 and 2 helped, but the real deal that turned it around was the Amp. Only wish that car had a center front speaker.

On my '14 535i, I put in BavSound Subs and Speakers and took out the Harmon Kardon, which hurt my ears. It was terrible. BavSound made it a pleasure to listen to music. Well worth it. Everyone commented on the great change and listening experience.

On the 17 540i M I just picked up, the Harmon Kardon with Surround is actually very good. In my '14 there was a huge difference in weight between H/K speakers/tweeters and BavSound. In the 540, I don't khow. H/K sounds good. Not as good as BavSound but maybe not enough to change other than the Subwoofers - need to listen more. But the Subs may need changing.
    Last edited by DesmondF10; 09-14-2020 at 10:09 AM.

My Cars
    '09 328i Sdn, '14 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmondF10 View Post
    I've put BavSound Woofers (stage2) and Speakers (stage 1) in 2 BMWs. The first was an 09 328i with standard system. Avoided music before BavSound - Stage 1 and 2 helped, but the real deal that turned it around was the Amp. Only wish that car had a center front speaker.

On my '14 535i, I put in BavSound Subs and Speakers and took out the Harmon Kardon, which hurt my ears. It was terrible. BavSound made it a pleasure to listen to music. Well worth it. Everyone commented on the great change and listening experience.

On the 17 540i M I just picked up, the Harmon Kardon with Surround is actually very good. In my '14 there was a huge difference in weight between H/K speakers/tweeters and BavSound. In the 540, I don't khow. H/K sounds good. Not as good as BavSound but maybe not enough to change other than the Subwoofers - need to listen more. But the Subs may need changing.
    Let me revise the above ... with the equalizer fairly flat, the HK System is not giving you its best. Not as tight and direct or clear as the BavSound system. Bass is not tight either. BUT

Let me edit to add that after making substantial changes to the equalizer based on posts I've found, I have dscovered improvement in the HK. It is much better than expected.

Try this with equalizer.. won't be to everyone's tastes but copied this from a member who did an analysis. I found it works well for me. Neutral on fader and balance

Logic 7 On

Bass Flat
    Treble +1

100 +7
    200 -6
    500 -4
    1k +5
    2k -4
    5k +2
    10k -1

Last edited by DesmondF10; 09-17-2020 at 10:38 AM.

My Cars
    Bmw G31 530d xDrive
    Can you please share link with measurements/analysis? Thanks

My Cars
    2017 BMW 540i
    Agree 100% - I upgraded to Bavsound in my F10 with Hi-Fi, including an amp. Was an unbelievable upgrade. In my 2017 540i with HK, it sounds very good - may not do anything. Will see in the next year or so - but am surprised at the difference.