Thread: Italian GP 2020

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG

Italian GP 2020

No more party mode, MERC still rules. The thug Vettel couldn't even get out of Q1. Good qualy for Carlos and Checo

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    People still watching? I haven't seen a race since the Austrian GP. Merc can start a lap down and still win the race.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    e30 325i, the mighty 4 door granma mobile....Gone
    e39 528i, 4 door sports tank

My Cars
    '21 X3M
    Poor Seb and for that matter, Poor Sainz, what a performance!

I hate the gaming for the tow. Also Ocon gets the scumbag of the weekend award. What a dick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers320is View Post
    People still watching? I haven't seen a race since the Austrian GP. Merc can start a lap down and still win the race.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Just ignore the top 3 and watch the midfield, as the cameras do. Top two almost never get any screen time unless Lewis gives us false hope by saying he is down power.
    Last edited by 328Mike; 09-05-2020 at 10:38 PM.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Merc didn’t win

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    What a race. Gasly gets his first win, good podium for Sainz and Stroll.

HAM was dominating, penalty lost him almost 30 seconds. Nice comeback for damage limitation. Bottas was nowhere.

Zero points for RB and Ferrari, Leclerc driving is just getting worse. Gasly may take Albons seat next year.

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    It was fun watching Hamilton fight his way through the pack, and I'm a fan of the lack of engine modes.

I can see how this race will be used as an argument for the reverse grid discussion. Lots of good racing and it's great seeing different manufacturers running in the top 5.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Roadster
    Say what you want about Hamilton, but not many drivers could get from the end of the pack to #7 in that few laps. Hammertime at it's best. I don't know what's with Bottas today. He seemed out of it completely.

My Cars
    N/A
    How would points be awarded? Same amount on qualifying race, more on qualifying race, what is the qualifying race? Base it on reverse of manufacturing standing from previous year?

I dunno, yeah it’s more interesting in some respects but the idea of starting someone better from the back, just because they can’t fix on track racing/passing, does not appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    I can see how this race will be used as an argument for the reverse grid discussion. Lots of good racing and it's great seeing different manufacturers running in the top 5.

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    It was fun watching Hamilton fight his way through the pack, and I'm a fan of the lack of engine modes.

It would be more impressive if Hamilton performed as well in say, a Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    yay
    Can't take it anymore. Huge opportunity to gain points on Ham and Bottas is no where to be found again.

On another note, Lewis and Max are regarded by most as the top two drivers currently. If Ham wants to be known as the top athlete/driver/competitor of all time, and put to rest all the talk about the fact that he's in the best car, should he request Max as his next team mate, and then beat him? This could also provide Merc with a lot of press and air time, spice up the racing, and boost F1.
    CARS
    02.92 325is / 06.72 2002 / 02.91 XJ / 08.04 R53 JCW

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    Quote Originally Posted by workhurts View Post
    How would points be awarded? Same amount on qualifying race, more on qualifying race, what is the qualifying race? Base it on reverse of manufacturing standing from previous year?

I dunno, yeah it’s more interesting in some respects but the idea of starting someone better from the back, just because they can’t fix on track racing/passing, does not appeal to me.
    I really don't know, I just know it's been brought up and the announcers mentioned it a couple times this year during races. I'd imagine they would have to award points for passing in addition to final grid position? You can't really afford to have Hamilton score 0 points in a race at Monaco because he qualified 1st, started last, then got stuck behind a train of cars for 35 laps and ends up P11...

I think you'd also end up with qualifying being a bit of a joke, because nobody would want to qualify P1 unless there were a substantial amount of points given for that, to be penalized with starting the race in last place.

And I agree with you, I'd much rather they find a way to make the racing better for everyone on the grid (and better for viewers). I feel like the push for a "greener" racing (hybrid) has killed any chance of fun racing honestly, because only select teams can afford these stupid PUs in addition to building the rest of the car. Bring back a turbo V8/V10, ditch the ERS, limit aero complexity, and I feel like we'd be more likely to see a season with more than 2 possible championship caliber cars.

Talk to the guys at MotoGP and follow their formula, because that racing is fantastic this year again.

Quote Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post
    It would be more impressive if Hamilton performed as well in say, a Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would love to see driver's trying other cars. Put Hamilton and Vettel in a Williams. LeClerc and Max in a Renault, Ricc and Bottas in the Ferrari, etc... Let them duke it out at Suzuka. I'd buy that on Pay-Per-View

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    I would love to see driver's trying other cars. Put Hamilton and Vettel in a Williams. LeClerc and Max in a Renault, Ricc and Bottas in the Ferrari, etc... Let them duke it out at Suzuka. I'd buy that on Pay-Per-View
    Reverse grid is retarded.

Nobody can do anything with a Williams. Budget cap from next year should help, although i'm sure RB/Honda, Ferrari and Merc will find ways of hiding F1 dev work in their road car divisions