Thread: DIY Help Wireless Backup Camera Installation

My Cars
    99 Civic EJ

Thumbs up DIY Help Wireless Backup Camera Installation

Hi guys, my second post! I posted up here 3 months ago asking for advice on a E93 I was interested in purchasing that ended up getting sold to someone else the same morning I came cash in hand, after it had been sitting on the lot over FOUR months up til that very day! Well I have finally purchased the one for me, one previous owner pretty well taken care of except there are a fair amount of scratches all around the bumper. But my question is regarding aftermarket backup cameras! I need one ASAP as the blind spots in this car are way more significant than my civic. I have seen a cheap little backup camera that installs right into the license plate light, and the selling point for me was it was labelled as wireless I'm hopeful that this will eliminate running the line from the rear to the front of the car although the length of the wire in the pictures is causing me to be doubtful it'll be an less steps, why you need a cord that long if its truly wireless? So online there's no information or guides regarding installation for this piece and I'm waiting on my trim tool to come in, shoot the camera too, I'm excited and want to know if anybody has any information for installing this camera or anything similar so I come in knowing what to expect? It says it comes with instructions, but the unit seems to be pretty universal and gave off straight from China vibes, I'm not expecting too much help from the manual, any help my new Bimmer Brothers & Sisters?

Here's the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Re...4AAOSwD31e~Wei

My Cars
    2011 335i xdrive Sedan

Did you get any info on that backup camera?

Quote Originally Posted by DOPRDROOP View Post
    Hi guys, my second post! I posted up here 3 months ago asking for advice on a E93 I was interested in purchasing that ended up getting sold to someone else the same morning I came cash in hand, after it had been sitting on the lot over FOUR months up til that very day! Well I have finally purchased the one for me, one previous owner pretty well taken care of except there are a fair amount of scratches all around the bumper. But my question is regarding aftermarket backup cameras! I need one ASAP as the blind spots in this car are way more significant than my civic. I have seen a cheap little backup camera that installs right into the license plate light, and the selling point for me was it was labelled as wireless I'm hopeful that this will eliminate running the line from the rear to the front of the car although the length of the wire in the pictures is causing me to be doubtful it'll be an less steps, why you need a cord that long if its truly wireless? So online there's no information or guides regarding installation for this piece and I'm waiting on my trim tool to come in, shoot the camera too, I'm excited and want to know if anybody has any information for installing this camera or anything similar so I come in knowing what to expect? It says it comes with instructions, but the unit seems to be pretty universal and gave off straight from China vibes, I'm not expecting too much help from the manual, any help my new Bimmer Brothers & Sisters?

Here's the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Re...4AAOSwD31e~Wei
    Hi DOPRDROOP,
    Just curious if you ever got any additional information on the EBAY backup camera?