This is one of my first posts, but I just installed this Joying Android head unit and wanted to share my (overly detailed) thoughts. I purchased the Joying JY-BO124N3N head unit the other week and finally got my review video finished. This unit differs from many of the others (*****, etc…) out there in that it runs an Intel based 1.8GHz octa-core SoC. It’s also got a reasonably snazzy DSP chip, SPIDF out, Dongle-free Android Auto and Apple Carplay, LTE, and a gorgeous 1280x720 IPS LCD that works fine with polarized sunglasses. But by far my favorite thing is that it has a physical volume knob! Call me old, but I like a volume knob and all the other units out there seem to have either a tiny screen with a knob or a giant screen with capacitive volume buttons. This was the weird middle child which is the reason I pulled the trigger.

Overall I’ve been very impressed by it with one or two bugs that give me pause (I go into one that causes trip computer units to reset in the video at 23:16). The video is long because I go deep into all of its features, settings, pros/cons, hiccups, and specs. It’s broken into chapters in the description, so you don’t have to sit through the whole thing for just one part.

Hopefully it’s helpful to some of you out there. I’m also working on editing a full installation video that I should have done in the next week or so and will post when it’s finished.