Thread: F10 535iX limp mode and valvetronic adjustment range check

My Cars
    BMW 535i xdrive 2011 F10

F10 535iX limp mode and valvetronic adjustment range check

hello everybody!

This is my first thing posting on this forum and I really hope someone can help me out or point me in the good direction. I will try to give as much details as I can.

My car is a BMW 535I Xdrive 2011 thru12/10 n55 automatic transmission.

my car was running fine and one day it stopped while driving at normal speed, drivetrain malfunction, no start. After going to the shop it appears the engine is jammed, and that where my long journey of repair has started.

I ended up having a piston hit valves in the cylinder 6 and cracked my cylinder head. I changed the cylinder head and everything that goes with that kind of job and changed the piston that was damaged and the timing chain kit( timing chain,guide,rail..etc). Now my car starts but have problem with servomotor, changed the servomotor and I still have the same problem I inspected my eccentric shaft and when manually moving the servomotor with an allen key it would work perfectly without any restriction so I dont know if i should change it or now.

Now, the problem im facing now is that my car is constantly in limp mode and make a sound like the timing is bad and everytime I do the timing right again once it start it makes a loud rattle and engine sounds loud but it start every time and stay on.

The codes im having now is 134F04 - Intermittent - Valvetronic adjustment range: fault range check
    121531 - Permanent - Charging pressure sensor, plausibility: pressure before throttle valve too low
    120408 - Permanent - Charging pressure control: switch-off as consequence ( aka limp mode )

I also have 2 several misfire in 2 cylinders but im working on them now and im not really concerned about them since its either a coil, spark plug or injector.

my questions are these: what would be these codes and where should I look ?
    what would cause my timing to move all the time ?

I would like to add that after changing my servomotor I was never able to do the learning phase for the valvetronic. Thank you for reading and feel free to post any comments as I would be very grateful for any kind of help! and feel free to ask anything theres a lot of parts i changed that I didnt list.

My Cars
    BMW 535i xdrive 2011 F10
    UPDATE: Fixed all misfires with new coils and new spark plugs. I now have only the same 2 codes to fix. I will be replacing my eccentric shaft tomorrow and see what happens, if its not fixed I will be testing my servo motor connector to DME, and then I will move on to the DME ( software update, repair if needed or replacement). I will make more updates once its done.