Thread: Drift Shop E36 Class 2 GT/LTW Replica Wing Review

My Cars
    1992 BMW 328is

Drift Shop E36 Class 2 GT/LTW Replica Wing Review

Hey guys, I haven't seen any reviews for this particular replica sold by DriftShop.com, so I decided to start this thread for your information. I ordered the wing a week ago expecting it to take at least a month to arrive, but it's already here! It's for coupe, and I believe it's made out of fibreglass reinforced plastic (FRP).

It's a four piece replica, comes ready primed, and also includes 8 star-bit screws. I'll be dropping it off at a shop tomorrow to get it prepped and painted. It looks like it could use a bit of sanding here and there, and there are some pits, but nothing major. I paid 250 euro for the wing, plus about 140 euro shipping, and an additional $70 Canadian for duties.

I'll keep updating this thread as I go through the process of installing it.

Here's the link for the replica wing: https://www.driftshop.com/m3-gt-ltw-...g-bmw-e36.html

Last edited by kimchi36; 08-18-2020 at 10:02 AM.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Pics are broken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    98 M3
    Open image in new tab and it works

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    Open image in new tab and it works
    Thanks for the tip.

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    95 M3, 88 325ix Coupe
    OP, when you added images there was an additional "?1" when linking to the source media. Could be a copy paste error.

Following, and excited to see how these turn out! Thanks for being brave and testing these out.

My Cars
    1992 BMW 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by tavish View Post
    OP, when you added images there was an additional "?1" when linking to the source media. Could be a copy paste error.

Following, and excited to see how these turn out! Thanks for being brave and testing these out.
    Thanks for the heads up, hopefully the images are fixed now.

This seems like a solid option right in between the prices of an eBay wing and the MASHAW wing.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by kimchi36 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, hopefully the images are fixed now.

This seems like a solid option right in between the prices of an eBay wing and the MASHAW wing.
    Now working. Are the risers removable?

― George Orwell

My Cars
    E36
    Nice find. Interested to see if this one has any benefits to the ebay style priced at $264.

My Cars
    LSx M3 & 2017 Touareg
    doesn't look bad fitment wise, obviously it would be better once all bolts are in but any shots straight on from the back?

My Cars
    1992 BMW 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post
    Now working. Are the risers removable?
    Yes the risers are removable, so you have the option of setting it up either low rise or high rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsaint View Post
    doesn't look bad fitment wise, obviously it would be better once all bolts are in but any shots straight on from the back?
    Dry fitment looks good, I will have more photos once it's painted. Here is another post of a member that also ordered the same wing, he uploaded a lot more photos:

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ca-Wing-Review

'92 318is - M52 Swap
    Instagram: @kimchi_36

https://imgur.com/WIDIdeC

My Cars
    skateboard
    I’d rock it

― George Orwell

My Cars
    S54 E36 M3, E32 740il
    Who can remind me - my recollection is coupe is narrower than sedan.

I've occasionally seen sedan track cars with LTW wings, but they're obviously fairly uncommon. I'd love to have the option to run low most of the time / high occasionally since my car is mostly a DD, but because of that I also don't want janky fitment.

Is the bottom of this completely flat, or does it have a lip for positioning on the trunk lid?

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by blckstrm View Post
    Who can remind me - my recollection is coupe is narrower than sedan.

I've occasionally seen sedan track cars with LTW wings, but they're obviously fairly uncommon. I'd love to have the option to run low most of the time / high occasionally since my car is mostly a DD, but because of that I also don't want janky fitment.

Is the bottom of this completely flat, or does it have a lip for positioning on the trunk lid?
    This wing does have the cutout and lip for positioning. If you look at pic numbers 3 and 4 in this album, you can sort of see the cutout and lip. It does not sit perfectly flush on the trunk without screwing it in but once it's screwed in it should be alright since I'm able to push down on it slightly and get it to sit flush.

My Cars
    S54 E36 M3, E32 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by pasllani View Post
    This wing does have the cutout and lip for positioning. If you look at pic numbers 3 and 4 in this album, you can sort of see the cutout and lip. It does not sit perfectly flush on the trunk without screwing it in but once it's screwed in it should be alright since I'm able to push down on it slightly and get it to sit flush.
    High on the ends will cinch down nicely. If it was high in the middle you'd be high and dry - you don't have screws there to hold it down. If I was making these, I'd shape them the way this one was made to make sure they sit tight once they're fixed in place.

Hmm, as if I wasn't already putting together a parts list for revamping my suspension while I'm unemployed, now I've added this to the list. Now THAT'S healthy...

-Josh: 1998 S54 E36 M3/4/6 with most of the easy stuff and most of the hard stuff. At least twice. 271k miles. 1994 E32 740il with nothing but some MPars. 93k miles.

My Cars
    98 M3
    You should be using double sided tape to hold it to the trunk as well. It helps with fitment and seals out water from accumulating underneath, as well as prevents the wing from damaging trunk paint.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    skateboard
    Anymore updates ?
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    can you merge this into the
    The definitive E36 LTW Spoiler Replica Thread
    -M3J0N