Thread: Spanish GP 2020

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG

Spanish GP 2020

I thought MAX/RB would challenge, but HAM/Merc too strong. Was expecting tyre issues due to the high temps, but easy two stopper with the softer tyres.

Albon wasting that seat again, if he qualifies higher he can trouble Merc on strategy.

Checo penalty a bit harsh, never heard a complaint from leaders when lapping him.

Ferrari downfall continues, the thug petulance on radio amuses. They should can him before season end. Feel bad for Leclerc though.

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    Just when you think Ferrari pit wall can't get any more incompetent, they decide the best fucking strategy for Vettel is 28 laps on fresh mediums, followed by 38 laps on used soft tires. Solid. Really good strategy.

I wouldn't be at all upset if Vettel just up and told them to fuck off for the remainder of 2020.

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    Quote Originally Posted by VĒmp View Post
    Albon wasting that seat again, if he qualifies higher he can trouble Merc on strategy.

Is Redbull just too stubborn to go out and sign another non-Redbull Academy driver (or whatever they call their farm system of drivers)? You'd think that they could easily tempt any other top 10 driver into taking Albon's seat, someone that could be up in the top 5 consistently fighting for podiums...

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Roadster
    Too bad Ricciardo didn't stay at RB. Waste of his talent at Renault. He is is the top 5 IMO.

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    Quote Originally Posted by mgambini View Post
    Too bad Ricciardo didn't stay at RB. Waste of his talent at Renault. He is is the top 5 IMO.
    I forget, but didn't he leave because he wanted to be a #1 driver?

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Seems like he is chasing the money, i cant fault him on that. Renault gave him number #1 money for 2 years and Mclaren are doing the same. But he chose to walk away from RB.

My Cars
    N/A
    Chasing money but he also wanted a factory team.

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by workhurts View Post
    Yeah. He watched the train wreck that was the initial reboot of the McLaren/Honda relationship and took off when RB said they were moving to Honda power plants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    yay
    Seemed to me Ricciardo didn't like that he wasn't clearly #1. Max, overall, was getting the better of him. And being younger, Max would be more of a money maker for RB, thus receiving favoritism in some way.

So Ricciardo jumped ship. And climbed aboard another... Perhaps prematurely.

I wonder if he'd tuffed it out with RB, whether Ferrari would have picked him over Sainz. Seems like his flightiness and decision making may be making a bad impression on other teams.
    CARS
    02.92 325is / 06.72 2002 / 02.91 XJ / 08.04 R53 JCW

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Roadster
    It was a lose-lose for him. Stay at RB and be #2 or jump to a sinking ship. The shame of it is that his time probably has passed. He should have stayed at RB and tried fighting it out with Max for a year or 2.

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    Quote Originally Posted by workhurts View Post
    Is Redbull not considered a "factory" team because they don't make their own engines? I guess in my mind I've always thought of them as a factory team, with Alpha Tauri essentially being their "satellite" team similar to Motogp's Yamaha and Petronas team, Ducati and Althea, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by mgambini View Post
    It was a lose-lose for him. Stay at RB and be #2 or jump to a sinking ship. The shame of it is that his time probably has passed. He should have stayed at RB and tried fighting it out with Max for a year or 2.
    I don't know that his time has passed, I'm optimistic that when he joins McLaren he'll be back fighting for top 5 positions with more frequency.

My Cars
    yay
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Is Redbull not considered a "factory" team because they don't make their own engines?
    I guess technically they are not a factory team. But since partnering with Honda they are effectively getting the same benefits, as Honda doesn't have a car, and they're working so closely with RB. Thats how I see it anyways.
    CARS
    02.92 325is / 06.72 2002 / 02.91 XJ / 08.04 R53 JCW