In 2011 I had the pleasure of Acquiring a well known SCCA car deemed Ice 9. It is a 1995 BMW M3 that was Campaigned by Carl and Julianne Buckland. They were both SCCA Solo trials Champions.

Ice 9 was purchased new in 1995 and campaigned in SCCA autocross on the West Coast area by The Bucklands throughout the late 90’s. Carl deemed the car “ICE-9” the name stuck. “The Bucklands’s M3 racer has benefitted from the help of BMP Design, Turner Motorsports, H&R, Performance Friction, t.c Kline, BMW of Murray and Jim Conforti Shark Chips)” Grassroots Motorsports.

It was given a feature article in Grass roots Motorsports and European Car in 1998. Carl Was more than a regular on Bimmerforums and has arguably done more to advnce the E36 platform in racing than anyone on the web.

After completing racing the car it was stripped and sold in pieces. The body was sold to Jim Van Houten of Elephant Motorsports. Jim fitted a roll cage and prepped the car for NASA Racing. He sold the car to me in 2011. I combined the My Euro M3 with the US car in 2012 and lightly/rarely tracked the car since. It occasionally sees road use as well.