Done some reading around and can't find much, i had a vanos failure on my car and replaced both solenoids, upon restarting it constantly comes up with drivetrain malfunction and vanos intake codes, upon clearing a few times the vanos codes varry and aren't consistent , from cam sticking to timing, to cold start. The engine wasn't over rev'd when it happened. Changed the oil and filter, running 0w-30. checked voltage to intake solenoid and am getting 12 and 2-3v. Oil cap is intact but the cage doesn't lock into the top the bottom seals fine. tried DME reset, reflashing to stock, battery off. Alot of times I just get the limp mode no boost code with no vanos ones along. After it warms up the car runs "fine" as it's still in limp mode. Randomly when spamming clearing codes while driving it will clear everything and drive fine for a km or so before kicking back on. I changed the valve cover and the inside of the engine/cams are clean.
There are no check valves on the engine and no recalls for vanos bolts snapping. Was wondering if there's anything simple i missed, I do have a new oil cap on the way it should be in tomorrow. But on the chance I missed something obvious it would be greatly appreciated.

Info on the car
FBO bm3 stage 2 93