Thread: Very strong disgusting smell. Socorroooo

My Cars
    bmw 520i e39

Very strong disgusting smell. Socorroooo

Hi. I am totally desperate with the smell of my car. When I bought it it was very neglected and smelled very old. After two years of restoration, the smell is very intense yet. I think it is a mix between buffalo leather and the combination of old car materials, but I couldn't say for sure. It's a very intense smell that sticks to clothes and hair, so much so that my wife never wants to ride. Especially if I put the air conditioning on. I've tried everything: air conditioning cleaner, cleaning the entire carpet with professional tools, cleaning and staining the leather again, ozone generator ... the smell persists.I think I'm going to reupholster the seats but it's a shame to remove that leather,even though it might be rotten or something. I really think about selling the car just for that, despite the huge amount of money I have spent on its restoration. Please, a little help

My Cars
    '91 E31 850i,'05 E53 4.4
    Bring to a place that can use chemical sprays to remove cigarette smells. Thy may have a product for your stench.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I swear, my cars are like a girlfriend.
    Sometimes its a rough ride, sometimes its smooth motorin'.
    Sometimes she doesnt like how i treat her and sometimes i dont like how she behaves.
    BUT at the end of the day, she loves it when I am inside her.

My Cars
    Had a 1991 BMW 850
    Inspect cabin air filters pull the housing off the firewall and look for crud after that pull glove boxes and open up where the AC heat exchanger is and inspect.

My Cars
    1995 840ci
    Have you inspected the back seat's removed them and cleaned under them. Next inspect trunk check Amp area for mouse nest also check batteries area for nest. Dose it smell when car is left in the sun or all the time. Check under seats for nest cabin filters remove and use shop vac to pull any thing that might cause a order.

My Cars
    bmw 520i e39
    I give you more information. The pollen filters have been changed twice in 2 years. Last time I used industrial steam to clean the cabin of the filters as well as the ducts of the air vents. I changed the evaporator last summer to recharge the air conditioning and the area was cleaned. Also heater valves although I think they do not go very well because blow hot air into the right footrest when it should get cold.
    The rear seats are removed and there is nothing left. The amp and battery area was also cleaned. The roof was reupholstered and the steering wheel skin changed.
    I notice that the air coming from the AC has condensation, it is not dry, and perhaps the smell of leather or other pieces has dissolved and that is why it permeates the clothes.
    However, it is also very intense when the car is parked in the sun. This car is driving me crazy. Here in Spain we are more than one with this disease. Hehe

My Cars
    Had a 1991 BMW 850
    If you are getting condensation on the windshield your heater core needs to be replaced. Pull the dash it is not easy. This will also give you access to the flaps that control heat

My Cars
    bmw 520i e39
    Quote Originally Posted by rjjablo View Post
    If you are getting condensation on the windshield your heater core needs to be replaced. Pull the dash it is not easy. This will also give you access to the flaps that control heat
    It would be Odour guilty? Remove dash is a PITA.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

My Cars
    1991 850i 6-speed
    I had a birds nest of dust and other debris around my blower motor when I replaced it. Replacement, or removal to clean the housing, if you haven’t yet done it, may be an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    bmw 520i e39
    Quote Originally Posted by petejk View Post
    I had a birds nest of dust and other debris around my blower motor when I replaced it. Replacement, or removal to clean the housing, if you haven’t yet done it, may be an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. Is a good idea. It is in the "have to do" list

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk