Thread: Need help with EME failure on BMW I3

My Cars
    2014 BMW I3

Need help with EME failure on BMW I3

2014 BMW I3 REX

I need to reprogram a used EME on a I3. The dealer is saying they can only reprogram new units. I am just now starting to look into what I need and hoping someone on here may have experience with it?

The dealer said that the EME is tied to the VIN of the car, but I could possibly remove the VIN code using some software. They would not / could not elaborate beyond that.

Anyone close to Cincy Ohio that can hlep I would love to talk to you. lol. I have a lot of cash tied up in this car and I need to get it back on the road. Please help.

So any idea about what software I can use to get this done?

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    It has nothing to do with VIN, it's all about the ISN SK code. The one in the EME has to match what is found in the immobilizer module.

It's not just software that will help here. It would be very specialized tools to do that EME, mainly because they're not that common.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    2014 BMW I3
    Thanks for the reply. I did a quick search and am understanding what you are saying. Noone else has been able to provide me any info so thanks to you for helping me.

Im in a unique situation it seems. Here is the run down. I bought this 2014 I3 with all the electrical engine, tranny, and gas engine and all the attachments removed from it. The company I bought it from uses BMW electrical engines and puts them in UPS and Fedex trucks converting them to electric vehicles.

I bought a wrecked 2016 I3 and pulled all the components and dropped in the 14. I still have the 16 sitting here.

I ran into similar security situations before when doing some swaps in some Ford vehicles years ago but obviously less technical. I was swapping an ECU and car was locked out because of the security module and had key security code issues. I ended up swapping the ECU, security module, and the key security things.

So I am thinking my first option would be to pull whatever pieces I need off the 16 and swap into the 14 and hopefully that will work. I am understanding the EME and this immobolizer module share a unique code and they are looking for each other.

So I pull this and the EME should work? Any thoughts on this? I am guessing I pull that and then it may trigger another lock out with some other module? I am willing to pull every wire off that car if I have to. lol. Do you know what this module looks like or where it is at?

My Cars
    Mercedes S-class W222
    Hello,
    If you still have this problem or a similar one please send me a message.
    We successfully repair these inverters and we can also program/clone them.

My Cars
    BMW I3
    Quote Originally Posted by softelectronic View Post
    Hello,
    If you still have this problem or a similar one please send me a message.
    We successfully repair these inverters and we can also program/clone them.
    Hi
    I did not find how to send a private message, please I need help with EME, can you write me an email? Or make a contact?
    havrla@lhotkanet.cz

Thanks thanks