Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Front Lip option - Turner Motorsport LTW inspired ABS

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G

New Front Lip option - Turner Motorsport LTW inspired ABS

A friend shared this with me and I figured I'd share it here in case anyone's looking for a good option. Looks like we finally have a descent looking, well priced, front lip option. I've heard Turner's Underpanel is also very good.

I don't have either yet, but hoping to at least see the splitter soon.

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-5...-front-bumper/

turner skid plate
    https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-5...-m-skid-plate/
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    I’d rather run the real thing. Doesn’t look that great and I dislike lips that use tape.

Their underpanel is great though.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Quote Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
    I’d rather run the real thing. Doesn’t look that great and I dislike lips that use tape.

Me too... big difference in price though. And I don't think this is meant to replace the LTW splitter since it's a totally different design. It's juts an OEM M3 splitter replacement with a slightly larger splitter design with the corner splitters incorporated into it. Reminds me of the splitters incorporated into the BTCC/STW/DTM bumpers.

This is consumable priced and may be good for some people that don't feel like shelling out $1k or more on real LTW splitter setup. I know you stand on a fairly generous end of the budget when it comes to your hobby, but some just want something slightly better/different than stock. I think this fits that niche quite well and given the age of the E36, I'm happy to see some companies are still developing parts like this.

The only thing I'd have to see that may or may not be a issue; is if there's enough places for the the splitter to screw into the factory mounting holes. Seems like there's maybe just 5. Maybe enough... maybe not. I guess it depends on how hard you hit it.
    Last edited by propcar; 08-04-2020 at 01:12 PM.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740i
    I love the look. I was just about to pull the trigger on the Max velocity splitter for 60 bucks more. Glad I didnt. I just purchased their under tray on Monday. I guess they are waiting for a shipment of them later this week. Cant wait for that too.
    2001 BMW 740i - Bag'd dad car / 3 season daily.
    2013 Scion FRS - Track car

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    That's a sweet motion motorsport panel.

But seriously, although I like both, I like Turner's rivnuts on the brackets and the slotted holes for the bolts.

My Cars
    e46 325XI, e36 M3
    I think the Reiger style one is much more ltw-like than this

My Cars
    skateboard

This . It looks like a turd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3, 1998 328is
    Looks Ok, just that it stick out a little more...Im just afraid hitting those concrete parking lot barrier and tear it up.
    Any one use those IKon front lip?

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Takumi788 View Post
    I love the look. I was just about to pull the trigger on the Max velocity splitter for 60 bucks more. Glad I didnt. I just purchased their under tray on Monday. I guess they are waiting for a shipment of them later this week. Cant wait for that too.
    lets not hold our breath on the Turner under tray.... i ordered mine May 28th.. was back ordered till June 30th... that date came and went and was pushed back to July 31.. that came and went and was pushed to August 6th.. aaaaaaand now its August 28th... starting to get pissed...
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Hopefully ECS’ boat from China will arrive soon and the replica splitter will be acceptable quality. Turner parts and accessories no longer really exists.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/forums....bout-ECS&amp=1

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    Hopefully ECS’ boat from China will arrive soon and the replica splitter will be acceptable quality. Turner parts and accessories no longer really exists.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/forums....bout-ECS&amp=1
    Yep

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by TH3 Shifty View Post
    lets not hold our breath on the Turner under tray.... i ordered mine May 28th.. was back ordered till June 30th... that date came and went and was pushed back to July 31.. that came and went and was pushed to August 6th.. aaaaaaand now its August 28th... starting to get pissed...
    Thanks for the heads up but WTF. I bought the motion motorsports one in June but they stiffed me too. Literally took my money and never replied at all. I had to report them to paypal to get my money back. I will wait until the 28th but I will cancel and make my own after that.

I still plan to buy this lip. I think it looks good. Although anything will look better than by curbed up OEM one.

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Takumi788 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up but WTF. I bought the motion motorsports one in June but they stiffed me too. Literally took my money and never replied at all. I had to report them to paypal to get my money back. I will wait until the 28th but I will cancel and make my own after that.

I still plan to buy this lip. I think it looks good. Although anything will look better than by curbed up OEM one.

i still have my Motion tray... but i dont have the hardware that goes into the bottom of the cover... i have emailed motion about 4-5 times... no answer ever... not sure why they pay to keep their website up.. and let you order things if they dont answer and dont deliver parts..

anyone else know what the hell is wrong with MotionMotorsports?
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Motion has always been that way. This is nothing new. Their design is outdated and inferior to ECS/Turner's underpanel, so don't even both with ordering from them anymore.

Not to defend ECS, but you need to cut them some slack on shipping. Everyone is experiencing delays right now due to the global pandemic. Be more reasonable with your expectations.

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    Motion has always been that way. This is nothing new. Their design is outdated and inferior to ECS/Turner's underpanel, so don't even both with ordering from them anymore.

Not to defend ECS, but you need to cut them some slack on shipping. Everyone is experiencing delays right now due to the global pandemic. Be more reasonable with your expectations.
    yeah im reasonable.. but 3 months for a part ... i order from ECS monthly, a lot of my parts they have to get from Germany. longest i waited, ever, was 6 weeks for the E36 M3 EURO SMG washer tank.. this panel has been officially back ordered now for 4 months, it was on "backorder" even at the begining of April. I thought i remembered Turner saying this was made in the US ? maybe im wrong
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

My Cars
    95 M3, 87 535is
    Ordered the lip and it arrived within the week, shipped from Ohio. Will unbox and install in the coming days.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjaya29 View Post
    Ordered the lip and it arrived within the week, shipped from Ohio. Will unbox and install in the coming days.
    Can't wait to see Jay!

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe 5pd
    Tom
    Currently 1995 M3 manual coupe, 1993 325is
    Past cars
    2003 530i
    1998 528i
    1995 530i
    1988 528e
    1988 535i
    1987 2.7i
    1972 2002

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by h82crash View Post
    Yup. I’d prefer that one

― George Orwell

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740i
    Just received the Turner lip. It was packaged really nicely. I pulled it out of the box and the first thing I noticed is that it isn't a very flexible lip. Not a bad thing but not what I expected. I might get to the install tonight.

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3
    I got one as a gift that came in last week. Quaility looks good. About how flexible it is, compared to the max velocity lip. It’s much better. The max velocity shattered! Wasn’t flexible at all. I probably won’t install mine until I get a new front bumper though.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitMonster View Post
    Quality looks good. About how flexible it is, compared to the max velocity lip. It’s much better. The max velocity shattered! Wasn’t flexible at all.
    Yes. It definitely is flexible enough where it wont shatter. I wasn't complaining, it was just a surprise.

The install was super easy. It uses 5 of the 7 OEM lip bolt holes to attach to the bumper. I did have to drill the holes in the lip a little bigger for them to properly line up but my bumper is not in the best shape.

I was a little let down to see that Turner relied only on the tape to attach the back most edges of the lip. The tape worked ok on one side but wasn't sticking to the other side and the lip drooped downward. I made an L bracket to hold the back edges to the bumper. Again, my bumper is NOT in great shape. Results may vary.

I think it looks great. I am excited to see it a little lower when I get coilovers.

The install took about 15 mins to get it on the car as intended and another 20 to adapt the L brackets.

20200827_073525.jpg20200827_073537.jpg20200827_073629.jpg20200827_073649.jpg
    Last edited by Takumi788; 08-27-2020 at 07:43 AM.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Nice! I think it looks good! Not sure if this solution would work for you, but when I installed GT corner splitters, I bought a longer threaded bolt with a nylon nut and I drilled a hole in the GT splitter to accomodate it, then I was able to go through an existing hole in the bumper/OEM splitter that I was able to secure the GT splitter as well. Maybe that'd work here too? Haven't seen it in person.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740i
    Just bc it was mentioned in the OP. The Turner skid plate is now in stock again.

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    i just got my Turner Panel finally on 9/4... very nice piece, i took pics and measured the Motion Panel and brackets vs the new turner one.

the motion panel measured 2.03mm
    Turner panel measured 3.25mm, very thick, not flimsy like the Motion Panel. Its also super slick, the motion panel is a bit coarse

the Motion brackets measure 2.03mm thickness
    the Turner brackets measure 3.25mm thickness. they also use rivnuts instead of plastic inserts and screws.

the Motion panel has you put in those bolt holders that bite into the plastic of the bumper over, the Turner has you use rivnuts and reverse allen head bolts. over all a much better design, especially the vertical brackets.
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast