Thread: Clutch Puck shattered won't start now

My Cars
    2000 BMW 323ci

Clutch Puck shattered won't start now

So my clutch blew apart. It gave warnings for a few weeks before it happen. When it happened it was stuck in gear and when I tried to start the car it would roll forward. Since then it's no longer stuck in gear but will not turn over. I am going to send it to get a new clutch but I want to make sure I am not wasting time and money first.

So my question is why won't the car turn over now.

What will I mist Lilley need to order for a clutch kit.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-sachs-pa...1217523620~kt/

Or

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...n/21217523620/

Are the pressure plate bolts needed.

Can flywheel be resurfaced?

My Cars
    Two Z3 Roadsters
    Sounds like the clutch has jammed against the bell housing somehow and is stopping the engine from turning over.

Does the starter motor just spin and the engine does not turn over? If so, then either the start dog has been stripped or you have stripped the ring gear on the flywheel.

Either clutch kit looks good. Just watch the build date that the kit is compatible with. Sometime around 2004, there was a change in the trust bearing design.

I have fitted new clutch plate bolts and also reused old clutch plate bolts with loctite Blue applied. Both work. If you end up changing the flywheel, always use new flywheel bolts.

The dual mass flywheel can not be resurfaced. There are "run out" (is the flywheel warped) and rotational (movement between the two masses) tolerances that tell you if the dual mas flywheel can be reused. Do a google search to find them. Its normal to replace the dual mass flywheel when you replace the clutch.
    1999 2.8L Z3 Roadster,
    2000 3.0L Z3 Roadster,

There is only one thing more pleasurable than working on a Z3, that's driving it top down on a fine day.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 323ci
    Engine doesn't turn over. I don't even hear starter click. Can I replace with a used flywheel I really don't want to spend a ton repairing the car. I also don't want to get rid of it.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 323ci
    can i use a used flywheel when replacing clutch?

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    The dual mass flywheel is typically good for 1 and only 1 clutch replacement. The used flywheel needs to be thoroughly inspected for cracks in the material connecting the 2 sections of the flywheel. Same for the business side (clutch side) if the flywheel.