RM European Auto Parts

Thread: e92 with n55 SO MANY CODES!!

My Cars
    E92 n55

e92 with n55 SO MANY CODES!!

E92 with n55.So I am having a lot of trouble after removing the valve cover and intake. I am getting a lot of codes after I accidentally didn’t plug 2 Dme plugs in properly. Car cranked with starter but didn’t start and fan ran high. After multiple attempts I went back over my work to find those 2 dme wires unplugged. I plugged them back in but now the car won’t even turn over and I have a transmission malfunction. And water pump runs high. when you try to crank it over the it feels like the power get cut off
    I tried to add images but can get them to work. I am new to the forums and don’t know how to add them
    https://imgur.com/g6NqqUo
    https://imgur.com/47Q4E0g
    https://imgur.com/HJOTYJ1

also while taking Off a ground wire from one of the ignition coils I touched the positive battery terminal cable and had some sparks. Not sure if it’s possible that I shorted out the DME. I went through and checked all the fuses and they all looked fine

I found a code translator and found this are some main ones. is it possible i left a connector unplugged plugged connects into wrong plug or have some other serious problem? any possible fix suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    jbbf
    A6CF JBE: AUC sensor jbbf70 Junction Box electronics
    dme/dde
    387F Power management: Standby current violation
    31E9 Electric fan, activation: Line disconnection
    3BDD No message (EGS torque request, 0xB5), DME receiver, EGS transmitter
    3BE1 No message (transmission data, 0xBA), DME receiver, DKG transmitter, EGS
    3BD8 No message (transmission data 2. 0x1A2), DME receiver, EGS transmitter
    CD8F DME: PT-CAN communication fault
    dsc
    D357 DSC: No message (steering angle 1F5)
    kombi
    A3AA No message from transmission control unit, receiver KOMBI, transmitter ACC
    mask/ccc
    E1E3 Message (reverse gear, 0x3B0) faulty, receiver CIC, transmitter FRM
    Last edited by SilverWolf86; 08-02-2020 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Added extra info

My Cars
    2001 525it
    If the can ran fine before the work then you did something the pulled out wires doesn't sound good, if all else's fails tow it to a BMW shop and have them take a look

My Cars
    E92 n55
    i know i was just really hoping i could fix it myself

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Sometimes you just don't have enough knowledge to fix it

My Cars
    E92 n55
    Yes, I agree. That’s why I am posting on the forum to see if anyone that does have the knowledge can give me some suggestions. That is why I posted on “bmw general mechanical help”. I am sure everyone that posts here could just take their car to the bmw shop. But I believe that kind of defeats the whole purpose of these forums.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Well some times we get over our head and need help your BMW is pretty complicated

My Cars
    1974 2002, 2009 128i
    I think you're going to have to bite the bullet on this one and take it to a pro. There's a lot going on there, and the unknown of what damage might have been done means that you really need someone who knows what they're doing and can diagnose it properly. There's some guys on here who know this stuff inside and out, but without being able to interact with the car I imagine it's going to be near impossible to diagnose something this complex remotely.

Oh, and it should be self-evident at this point, but this is why you disconnect the battery before working on the engine.

Life's tough. It's tougher when you're stupid.
    -John Wayne

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    +1 to what has been said above. However, I have one hint that may just get you on the right track, IF you have a quality BMW specific scan tool which talks to all the computers: CLEAR all the codes. Then scan again, see what returns. Oh, and plug in your electric fan.

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471