Thread: Looking for wiring diagram that i can not find

My Cars
    1990 E30 325i 4 Door

Looking for wiring diagram that i can not find

Hey guys,

I am looking for the wiring diagram for the climate control/ac in my late E30.

It is specifically for the blue plug that goes behind the temperature control unite. It does not only control the heater valve (which one can find the diagram for) but also for the ac cooling, the recirculation flaps and the automatic heater control actuator (on some models).

I can not find any diagram for that blue plug, any help would be appreciated.

My Cars
    E30M3 X2 R100GS/PD R60/5
    The factory ETM should cover it . Download your year specific PDF ETM at wedophones.com and look under HVAC section.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Angus
    88 E30M3 X2 (1 summer/1 racetrack)
    89 325IX (winter)
    92 R100GS/PD

My Cars
    1990 E30 325i 4 Door
    Quote Originally Posted by spdracrm3 View Post
    The factory ETM should cover it . Download your year specific PDF ETM at wedophones.com and look under HVAC section.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The link you have sent me is what i am using and it does not cover the rear temp control plug or the auto heater control.

richardodn is offline Old Guy BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    20 440ix cab, 12 X3 35ix
    I don't think any US model E30s came with automatic heater control. All the online diagrams that I've seen are for North America. You could also try looking at the diagrams for the E32 7 series and the E34 5 series.
    "Howdy, Folks!"

1986 Delphin 528e - Roof rack equipped lumber hauler.
    1989 Zinnoberrot 325iX Sedan - I miss this car. (Deceased)
    1998 Avus Blau 328iC - Someone else's project now
    2008 Platinum-Beige X3 3.0si - Current project
    2012 Alpine White X3 xDrive35i - My new snowmobile.
    2020 Estoril Blue 440i xDrive cabrio - This car is a blast to drive.

My Cars
    1990 E30 325i 4 Door
    Quote Originally Posted by richardodn View Post
    I don't think any US model E30s came with automatic heater control. All the online diagrams that I've seen are for North America. You could also try looking at the diagrams for the E32 7 series and the E34 5 series.
    Good idea, will dig it up and report back.

323i E30 is offline ⅂!ʈө !ƨ l!ʞө ɐ ʇөlөbµouө
    My Cars
    M52 E30 touring & E91
    Not sure if these links use the same source: https://www.e30zone.net/e30wiki/inde...iring_Diagrams
    ^ true story

D̶i̶b̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶2̶1̶

My Cars
    1990 E30 325i 4 Door
    Sadly the 5 and 7 series have a completely different wiring system and does not show what i am looking for.

That link to the E30zone website use the same manual(s) for NA specifications.

Please be patient with me, as i explain what i am looking for. My E30 suffers from not having the ability to close the recirculation flaps, at first i thought that someone opened up the HVAC harness and cut out the relays, re-wired the motors and the connections (power, ground, switches etc). Since the expansion valve was leaking, the system empty and to get better access i removed the dash and HVAC box to fix this, as well as clean out that 30 year old evaporator, heater etc.

After following those diagrams, the motors would not funktion, despite new correct gauge twires, colours, new relays etc. Even then, i could not find the harness for that small actuator located on the passenger side of the HVAC box for the Auto Heat Control. There are maybe two wires that are different colours than in those diagrams. The recirculation/ac switch No. 4 is a brown white in my E30, the manual shows white. The hot water switch is a green/brown where it should be blue, same thickness/gauge though and no signs of tampering.

I then found one Russian website that showed that exact same setup as in my car, where the connectors for the recirculation motors go directly into the harness and into the blue plug and no relays.

I marked the harness for the motors in red and the actuator for the auto heat control in yellow:

-8AAAgCCf2A-960-1.jpg

So for such models with auto heat control and aircon, pressing the recirculation button sends a signal to the temp regulator, which then sends a signal to both motors, thus no relays are involved. The motors work fine when applying power directly to them, so this means that the temp. regulator is probably faulty. Sadly this also means that if this is true, a new one should be ordered, and it is a very expensive order only item. It is part number 64111386821 and my local BMW dealer is asking for €610, which is insane.

I wanted to find the wiring diagrams in order to test this small regulator, as well as the actuator. Sadly i can not find any used ones either, and "throwing money" at this small issue is very expensive and risky. Hence why i really wish to find a related wiring diagram to be certain first where the fault lies. But it appears that almost all the wiring diagrams are for NA models, which never offered auto. heat control and aircon.

I hope this helps you guys see what i am attempting to accomplish.
    https://imgur.com/J1t4wGH
    Last edited by H.J. 1981; 08-02-2020 at 04:19 AM.