Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's talk action cams...

My Cars
    93' Turbo 325i Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by aeronaut View Post
    For the record, another really interesting option I found, was GoPro Hero8. ($270 ish refurbished).
    You have to install the new "GoPro Labs" firmware for the Hero8. But it adds a ton of neat options, like:
    - start recording at a specific GPS speed
    - start recording based on motion sensing (sensitivity can be set).

Pretty cool. I don't care for the GoPro ecosystem or their interface. But the above is pretty cool.
    Problem with that is the GoPro looses the settings as soon as it's turned off. So you'll need to scan the QR code again every time you turn it back on to re-activate the action. For me this wouldn't work, i'm usually in a rush to make it to the grid and trying to get ready on the grid scanning in QR codes and the like seems like a PITA. It's a shame, I wish they built it into the GoPro settings so it would work all the time!

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Well that seems silly! How in the world would "USB power on" work, if it looses the labs settings on power off?
    There's a check-box on most of the settings that implies the settings can be persistent across power cycles.
    (I haven't loaded the labs s/w yet, but will certainly try it.)

My Cars
    93' Turbo 325i Coupe
    Exactly right mate, it's not designed for hardcore track guys....I think it's designed to give a user some additional features, but at a cost. I read something recently that said exactly that, any GoPro lab features are reset as soon as the GoPro is turned off. Which is useless seeing as a GoPro battery only lasts a solid 30mins if that when it's recording video.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12