Thread: Need some help with my 2006 e66 dynamic drive.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 750LI

Need some help with my 2006 e66 dynamic drive.

Hey guys i really need some insight, my dynamic drive has gone inactive and im puzzled by it. Everything worked great a few weeks back, ive got a brand new registered agm battery, alternator is giving solid voltage no fluctuations. All voltage leads that i could read partaining to ARS/ dynamic drive looked normaI. Scanned the car with inpa and got ARS module faults 5D5C, 5D5B....everything worked great a month ago pentosin is fresh and not leaking at all. Inpa reads that my front sway bar pressure is between 0 and 0.5 psi with ignition on, the rear sway bay is 200 and just stays there. Im not an expert on these issues but shouldnt they have equal pressure or none if the car isnt running? Im thinking one or more of the solenoids in the valve block is malfunctioning or the ARS module is messed up. After playing around with Inpa i also got a CIM D98E code that popped up but went away this is a no communication from ARS code. I want it to be just the solenoids but i think the ARS module is messed up aswell even though it was working fine. Has anyone else had a problem like this or heard of anyone who has? Could a failed module cause these weird pressures and faults? Or am i unlucky and the solenoids failed then the module? You would think a module being bad would trip a failsafe or something to prevent the weird pressure readings for safety and preventing further damage...to me it makes more sense for a mechanical issue like the module knows it needs to relieve pressure or open a valve but it cant move bad solenoid so the pressure stays? Seems a module being messed up it would just go into a failsafe and shut everything down. Im hoping its just a solenoid or something or bad wires the ARS module seems to be having issues but im skeptical because it functioned fine until those first two codes appeared and it deactivated dynamic drive. The weird pressure readings stayed that way even before i got the D98E code. Just a mess of conflicting problems, hopefully someone can think of something i didnt or has some experience with something like this? I will probably have to change the module and the valve block but im hoping maybe someone has some insight or experience that could help....

My Cars
    You posted codes with no descriptions. May as well be speaking a foreign language.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician