Thread: E93 convertible top not working

My Cars
    E93

E93 convertible top not working

My E93 convertible top is not working. I plugged it into ISTA and all of the hall sensors and micro switches are reading what they are supposed to however I keep on getting code 00A691 “rear module opened” even though my hall sensors are reading that it is closed. I have manually opened and closed the top and read the sensors at different positions and they are reading what they are supposed to. I cannot get this code cleared. Any help would be appreciated really not trying to take this to the stealership. Thanks.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by bbata17 View Post
    really not trying to take this to the stealership. Thanks.
    Using the term stealership is forbidden on the forums. It's in the rules. There are many, many dealership tech's and employees with a vast amount of knowledge and experience on this forum, willing to share it for free. You have just called them thieves, myself included. Good luck repairing your vehicle.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2011 E90 328i
    Mr. White, have a little Christian charity in the age of Corona.

My Cars
    It's difficult when so many people refer to us as "stealerships" like all were out to do is screw everybody and rip them off. Of course we charge more. We have more overhead. We have more specialized equipment. Dealer training is expensive. But you get what you pay for. Factory trained techs, all the knowledge and experience that comes with it, tens and tens of thousands of dollars of BMW special tools that are autoshipped to us and billed to us (we don't have a choice to buy it or not).

And guess what else? When you've got a problem that no one else can seem to fix, who do you turn to? The dealership. The dealership can't tell you no, we can't fix that, find someone else. We get stuck with the problems that the little guy can't fix. Sometimes is costs money, but we get the job done.

Sorry I get offended when someone refers to me as a thief. I'm trying to feed my family, same as anyone else. The dealership may charge $160/hr labor, but I don't even get 1/3 of that. Closer to 1/5th.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    335i E93 N54
    Quote Originally Posted by White94RX View Post
    It's difficult when so many people refer to us as "stealerships" like all were out to do is screw everybody and rip them off. Of course we charge more. We have more overhead. We have more specialized equipment. Dealer training is expensive. But you get what you pay for. Factory trained techs, all the knowledge and experience that comes with it, tens and tens of thousands of dollars of BMW special tools that are autoshipped to us and billed to us (we don't have a choice to buy it or not).

And guess what else? When you've got a problem that no one else can seem to fix, who do you turn to? The dealership. The dealership can't tell you no, we can't fix that, find someone else. We get stuck with the problems that the little guy can't fix. Sometimes is costs money, but we get the job done.

Sorry I get offended when someone refers to me as a thief. I'm trying to feed my family, same as anyone else.

I have to fully support this position. It's not right, getting insulted and then asked for help.
    Insulting people groups somehow is supposed to make the insulter feel more powerful?
    I think for most of us, we just don't think through our ignorant prejudice before we open our pie holes. (speaking freely, based on my own actions at times)

That said, bbata17, I have an E93 (2008) and can share any readings I can pull up with ISTA+.
    My knowledge is limited to my experiences. Mostly the standard car stuff. Not had to mess with the hard top yet. It has just worked so far.

So, I can just offer a baseline of functional values. Seems you have ruled out most standard aspects (sensors).