Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: E39 Aftermarket HU Wiring HELP!

My Cars
    2000 528i M Sport

E39 Aftermarket HU Wiring HELP!

I have a Pioneer AVH-280BT head unit I’m trying install in my 2000 528i MSport (business cassette player oem). I got the Connects2 install kit from DynamicSounds.

I can not figure out for the life of me how to wire this thing up. None of the plugs I received match the plug on the rear of the new HU. I assume I’m missing an adapter, but that doesn’t explain the rest of it. It came with no instructions except for the SWC unit, which is the only thing that I was able to connect properly.

I have pictures of EVERYTHING.
    I hope someone can help!

My Cars
    2000 528i M Sport
    I have no idea how to include pictures on the thread though, so any help with that would be appreciated too lol

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    You need to have made 15 posts before the software will allow you to post pix. Go back to Dynamic Sounds and explain the issue. Next time buy your audio stuff from Crutchfield. It has great tech support and it ships you the right stuff. Btw, is your car a USA model?

My Cars
    03 540i M Sport/95 525iT
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
    You need to have made 15 posts before the software will allow you to post pix. Go back to Dynamic Sounds and explain the issue. Next time buy your audio stuff from Crutchfield. It has great tech support and it ships you the right stuff. Btw, is your car a USA model?
    Ordinarily, I would agree with recommending Crutchfield but for the E39, they are not much help. Quite a few years ago, ADS published a guide to E39 upgrades based on their speakers and and amplifiers. That company no longer exists. They were purchased and absorbed into a competitor who still sells speakers under the ADS brand. The major benefit of the ADS guide is a wiring guide that calls out which specific wires carry which signals but it is not a plug and play guide. The owner still has to do some fabrication. i will see if I can find it and post a link here.

http://bmwtips.com/tipsntricks/tips_...ereowiring.pdf
    Last edited by Mark185; 07-29-2020 at 03:31 PM.
    2003 540i M Sport 6 spd, 97 328iC 5 spd w/M Lux Package, 95 525iT w/M52 5 spd swap, 2008 R1200GS Adventure, 92 Celica All Trac Turbo

My Cars
    2000 528i M Sport
    I have looked for adapters online and have found plenty of options for the primary bmw to pioneer connector. Gonna order one and hopefully that helps

- - - Updated - - -

Now I’m just left with the 12-pin connector from the RH side of my radio. It doesn’t plug into anything I have and I can’t find anything on google or forums about it.

- - - Updated - - -

I found ONE thread that even mentions it exists, and that was an install guide for an android HU...and all it does is mention that you remove it, that’s all

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    For your car’s wiring, go to www.newtis.info. It’s BMW’s official technical information system. It’s free. Enter the last 7 characters of the car’s vehicle identification number. Hit enter and bookmark the page. Dig down and find the wiring diagrams for the head unit. Wiring is section 61 and the audio system is section 65.