Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Undiagnosable E30

My Cars
    BMW's and Datsun's
    Day two and the car continues to start and drive just fine. It's still too early to tell, but I do believe it may be fixed.

I'd like to thank everyone who commented and offered advice. And to msservices & richardodn, I really should have listened more to what you guys were saying. I'd read about the OBC before, thought I'd investigated it thouroughly and even jumped the green / green red wire without any change, but can only assume I was still having problems elsewhere at that time. I hadn't realized that there was another separate component under the driver's side of the dash. My mistake.

I'll try to make sure I come back in a month or so to give an update, but as of now, thanks again and good luck to all.

My Cars
    No e30s, again :(
    great news, so far. hopefully its done and continues to run smoothly and without issues
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    87 325is 96 GMC Suburban
    Well, I would like to thank YOU, for at least sharing the feedback and not just ghosting the thread like so many others do, once they fix their problem, even though most probably give up before actually doing so.

My Cars
    BMW's and Datsun's
    Thanks msservices. It always bummed me out when I would read an entire forum post, get all excited because I too was experiencing the same problems, then nothing, no resolution, no anything. The OP would just disappear. So I try to make it a habit to post my findings, even if I couldn't figure out the problem.

Regarding my issue, it most definitely was the immobilizer relay and wiring under the drivers side of the dash. I've daily driven the car ever since figuring this out and have only had a couple minor problems since. But it will now always start and no longer shuts off for no reason.

On a side note, I'm looking for a passenger side sport seat, if anyone has one.

I've also got a few comfort seats, and rear seats (with headrests) in varying conditions that I'm ready to part with, if anyone needs them.

Thanks, Jason

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12