Thread: Secondary Air not Ready

My Cars
    745Li 2003

Secondary Air not Ready

Hello guys,
    I have a 2003 745Li, E66. I took it for SMOG and it showed secondary air pump is not ready yet.
    I had disconnected the battery recently. No check engine light is on. This is the only " Not Ready " code. I drove the car per BMW recommended drive cycle, but still it shows not ready. Per BMW, for the secondary air to register in the computer, I need to turn the car on in the morning , with A.C. on, and leave it on for 130 seconds. I did all of that, but still shows secondary air pump isn't ready. I checked my secondary air pump and I can confirm everytime I turn the car on, it turns on and it works properly. I just can't figure out how to get the computer to register this in the memory, that the secondary works. Any of you guys had this problem before?
    Thanks for your help.

My Cars
    The third thread on the same topic. Can a moderator delete or merge?
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    745Li 2003

Secondary Air not Ready

Hello guys,
    I have a 2003 745Li, E66. I took it for SMOG and it showed secondary air pump is not ready yet.
    I had disconnected the battery recently. No check engine light is on. This is the only " Not Ready " code. I drove the car per BMW recommended drive cycle, but still it shows not ready. Per BMW drive cycle, for the secondary air to register in the computer, I need to turn the car on in the morning , with A.C. on, and leave it on for 130 seconds. I did all of that, but still shows secondary air pump isn't ready. I checked my secondary air pump and I can confirm everytime I turn the car on, it turns on and it works properly. I just can't figure out how to get the computer to register this in the memory, that the secondary works. Any of you guys had this problem before?
    Thanks for your help.

My Cars
    Is there a reason you keep posting the same thread over and over in different sub-forums? You have been given responses in some of your threads which you have not answered or responded to. Stop posting new threads. If you can't figure it out on your own, then find a professional that specializes in BMW repair.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician