Thread: RK Tunes S52

My Cars
    E36 M3 Hardtop Vert

RK Tunes S52

Hey all,

I recently got an RK S52 OBD II Tune for my 1999 BMW M3. Being inexperienced with tuning, I took it to a performance shop here in my city with reputable work. They had worked with RK and Jordan plenty of times with seemingly no issue. The tune I got was essentially known as the “burble tune” and from all of the videos I had watched over the years RK seemed like a smart choice.

After a week at the shop I decided to give them a call. They told me they were having difficulties saving the stock ECU file using the software provided by RK. They said that the software would boot up normal, read the ECU, could even copy the information but when they go to hit ‘Save’ it would show an error. It’s been an additional two weeks now and still no word from RK.

With that being said I came here to ask if this seems like a problem on the RK side or on the Tuning Shop’s computer possibly? I apologize if this is not the right place to post this type of thread or if I am asking a stupid question. Like I said, I am inexperienced with tuning.

I have been thinking about buying a tablet and trying to install the tune myself. However I would definitely prefer if it were installed by people who know what they’re doing. Either way, I appreciate any feedback. I am currently at a loss because there are no returns on these tunes and I’m out an M3 in the middle of summer haha.

My Cars
    1998 e36
    what?
    Last edited by hakentt; 09-16-2020 at 10:33 PM.