Thread: 2020 Styrian Grand Prix

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG

2020 Styrian Grand Prix

Good race. Merc dominant. I though Redbull/MAX would challenge, but Merc was too strong. Without some safety car or tyre advantage, they faded away quickly.

Albon needs to watch his seat. He fell behind too fast and in clean air. Checo was about to mug him and Albon ruined his race.

Ferrari keep imploding. Now the thug knows what the receiving end of carnage feels like. I think he will leave Ferrari before end of season.

Force India have a good car i guess, but Toto gave them the blueprints.

Mclaren was ok, Lando drove well, Carlos messy pit stop cost him too many places.

With the short season, will be difficult for Redbull or Ferrari to catch up

My Cars
    '97 BMW M3/2/5
    Leclerc hitting Vettel was painful to watch Pretty unlucky how his car popped up and hit Vettel's rear wing. It was good Leclerc owned up to it and didn't try to make excuses, but that obviously doesn't change what happened.

I thought back to back grand prix at the same circuit was pretty cool and resulted in some good racing. I'm interested to see how Renault's appeal on Racing Point running Mercedes parts will turn out. Racing Point came back with a pretty strong statement that there is no wrongdoing. No need to be butt hurt, Renault's just making sure everything is fair game.

Speaking of Racing Point and Renault... I'm not that surprised the stewards took no further action against Stroll's dive bomb that took him and Ricciardo off the circuit. But it seems pretty unfair to me, Stroll couldn't even make the corner himself, but gets to keep the position? A bit strange.
    Last edited by Carpy2; 07-13-2020 at 06:17 PM.
    Feel free to ask about my car:

TRM Coilovers 560f/784r | Epic Motorsports Tune | Apex Arc-8 17x9.5 et35 | Wilwood SL-4 BBK
    M50 Manifold | ASC Delete | Dinan BBTB | Fan Delete | Power Pulleys | Dinan CAI |
    S54 Oil Cooler
    Z3 Rack | Crossbrace | 3.38 LSD | Dinan Strut Tower Brace | AKG Chassis Mount Shifter
    SS Long Tubes | SS Race Exhaust |
    LTW Replica Wing | MM Underpanel | CF Sunroof Delete
    OE GT Front Splitter | Rear Rollbar | Rear Seat Delete | BW Fuel Starvation | Turtle Labs Door Panels
    And Really Old Paint

Check out my YouTube channel for more DIY's and videos about my E36 M3

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpy2 View Post
    Leclerc hitting Vettel was painful to watch Pretty unlucky how his car popped up and hit Vettel's rear wing. It was good Leclerc owned up to it and didn't try to make excuses, but that obviously doesn't change what happened.

I thought back to back grand prix at the same circuit was pretty cool and resulted in some good racing. I'm interested to see how Renault's appeal on Racing Point running Mercedes parts will turn out. Racing Point came back with a pretty strong statement that there is no wrongdoing. No need to be butt hurt, Renault's just making sure everything is fair game.

Speaking of Racing Point and Renault... I'm not that surprised the stewards took no further action against Stroll's dive bomb that took him and Ricciardo off the circuit. But it seems pretty unfair to me, Stroll couldn't even make the corner himself, but gets to keep the position? A bit strange.
    Yea, the stewards are not consistent. They need permanent stewards. Leclerc and Albon should've received some penalty points on their license and time penalties or a penalty at the next race. They did that to HAM last weekend. Ric has been doing that insane inside dive bomb to other drivers all his career. Nice to seem him get the same.

FIA already gave the OK to the Force India car before season began. Haas and Toro Rosso have had Ferrari and Redbull blueprints before. And everyone copies everyone anyway if they see a benefit, and have the resources to do so. Renault just pissed they couldnt develop a decent contender.

My Cars
    1997 e31
    The Ferrari action was tough to watch, but somehow not surprising! What a disappointment.

It was interesting to see the rest of the "young" Drivers move up in the pack and polish their skills..Norris, Albon etc...

I thought Max would stay out in front of Bottas...or block...his tires must of been as bad as he complained...

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpy2 View Post
    It was good Leclerc owned up to it and didn't try to make excuses, but that obviously doesn't change what happened.
    The only silver lining for Ferrari, I was worried Leclerc would say something stupid about Vettel being at fault...

My Cars
    My wife and I are trying to get into F1 since there's no other sports really going on.

The first race was awesome. Lots of action. This race seemed a little boring, and we were disappointed it was at the same track again. I looked at the schedule and it looks like there's only one more track that is used twice? Hoping for some more action at the next race. Not a big fan of Hamilton...
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician