Thread: Viper alarm with remote start REMOVAL

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i sedan

Viper alarm with remote start REMOVAL

6/94 325i automatic sedan with maroon label dme with 84K original miles and 2 PO’s.

bought this car and PO is being patient with me about getting it out of his driveway.

It’s apart in different areas as he was not able to start it anymore and began looking into whats broke~!
    been sitting this way for a year now. His diagnosis is ews problem. Have learned from another thread that this year has no ews. It does have drive away protection which will be top priority after alarm removal.

dme is removed and on the dash. Said he installed in his 95 and the car started. So, its g2g.
    rear seat is removed as he tested the fuel pump. Works he said. Still have to pull bad gas.
    glove box is removed and viper alarm looks like a mess with some wires cut.
    battery is removed and will replace it.

any info on above and removing the alarm permanently is appreciated.

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows
    It should just unplug. The box itself is the only limiting factor. All the wires, as long as they are insulated wont have any effect after the box is removed.

My Cars
    98 M3 Sedan
    I don’t think that is entirely correct. Viper 1002 in my 98 M3 causes a no start when fully disconnected. The “proper” install actually replaces part of the drive away and or EWSII wiring and is not purely in parallel.

Much of the Viper is parallel but not all of it. And the wiring mess is a mess or can be. I am paying an Authorized Viper installer to remove it this Friday! It has been causing a sporadic no start condition, or at least we think so.

Not sure which owner installed this thing. If I ever meet them, I will kick them in the kneecap. 🤣

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows
    Quote Originally Posted by pbgbob View Post
    I don’t think that is entirely correct. Viper 1002 in my 98 M3 causes a no start when fully disconnected. The “proper” install actually replaces part of the drive away and or EWSII wiring and is not purely in parallel.

Much of the Viper is parallel but not all of it. And the wiring mess is a mess or can be. I am paying an Authorized Viper installer to remove it this Friday! It has been causing a sporadic no start condition, or at least we think so.

Not sure which owner installed this thing. If I ever meet them, I will kick them in the kneecap. 🤣
    The viper alarm in my car just pulled out. I literally cut it out from attaching to the car harness and it did nothing. Mine also was installed haphazardly. If there was any dead wires i reattached to where they went. It was fairly easy finding any wire as most wires that go to passenger side modules are all specific color coded.

My Cars
    98 M3 Sedan
    I unplugged the Viper 1002 and the car would not start. There are indeed wires that were cut in my car and the Viper, at least in my case, was inline. The black/yellow at the ignition was cut. That went to the green and Green/Black wires on the Viper. There were other wires related to the door locks and hood switch as well.

For me, the $149.90 I spent to have that thing removed was totally worth it.