Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 318ti - m52, supercharged, e85

My Cars
    skateboard

318ti - m52, supercharged, e85

Quote Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
    Talk to Tom at Alternative Performance Engineering. He's teamed up his Flex-Fuel business with Tuning by Dardan. They are down in San Diego. Tom has a Turbo Z3M that I think they are up to 750whp or more on now... Tom is also a member here, I'll fwd him this post.

https://www.instagram.com/apeflexfuel/
    https://www.instagram.com/dardantuned/

Feel out Dardan for yourself though. I'm not endorsing him and I have limited experience with his abilities.
    Good to know. Is he tuning stock ecu’s🇦🇱
    Last edited by GG///M3; 12-23-2020 at 11:07 PM.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    Thanks! I got a reply from him, just waiting for the holidays to be over and then we can hopefully get this thing sorted out.

In the mean time, we are mounting a secondary hydraulic handbrake. Just need to get brackets made for the calipers. We will be using massive 4 piston wilwoods for the handbrake. Foot brake is z4 rotors and non m e46 calipers in the rear and e46 330i rotors and calipers in the front.

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    can anyone chime in on coil packs? we want the car to be solid before its first dyno tune and drift day and want to change out the 25 year old coil packs. Been considering Ignition Projects coils, they are made in USA. does anyone have any experience with these or other aftermarket coil packs? https://www.ignitionprojectsusa.com/...30208452460593

My Cars
    BMWs
    Stock coils man - don't do anything else

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post
    Stock coils man - don't do anything else
    thanks! that makes my wallet happy. any particular brand you recommend? bremi or bosch? should we just order them through bmw?

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    If anyone is curious, the car is running much better after a reflash. fuel trims are rich at idle but way happier under load and boost(would go way lean under any kind of throttle).

Now we are looking for a wideband. the exhaust is dual all the way back to the gas tank so i was thinking it might be best to run the new innovate DLG-1 which will show us AFR for both banks. I'm worried with a single sensor that the reading may not be accurate because of the exhaust merging so far back.

The MTX-L plus comes with an optional 8 foot cable, if anyone thinks this will work fine for our set up please let me know. its half the price and obviously much easier to install a single sensor. Here's a picture of where the exhaust merges. does anyone think it may be too far away from the exhaust ports to provide an accurate reading?

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    Doesn't seem like there are many drifters here, but I think some of you big-power guys might be interested in this for drag racing applications. there are many options for bolt-on secondary calipers for e36/46 which will allow you to "load" the driveline before launch. I am making custom brackets because no one makes bolt-on stuff for this specific application.

Mocking up calipers and making a template. Started running lines too, just ran out of spare parts from previous builds. Not my cleanest work but it's quick and effective. Hardline all the way out one of the old e brake cable guide tubes to a tee at the diff. Using an3 adapter right off the tee to 18" SS line.

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    got the secondary caliper brackets welded on. i tacked them on then we had a friend tig them for us.

we used shims to keep the caliper where it needed to be.

reinforced the control arms

and the subframe got camber/toe correction and reinforcements as well.

camber plate up high to give us enough adjustment for 0 degrees

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123