Thread: German Insurance Scammers - BMW Freeze Frame Data Milage (Navigation Theft)

My Cars
    328 / 540

German Insurance Scammers - BMW Freeze Frame Data Milage (Navigation Theft)

Hello everybody.

I´m a company owner from Germany who works togehter with insurance companies, against insurance fraud.

Most of the cases are vehicle theft cases / fictional claims ( scrapped their own cars / worked togehter to use accidents for cash).

In the last time, the fraudulent claims for theft of vehicel parts has grown massively. Especially on BMW Cars.

It´s a fast & simple "Cash-Grab". The people disconnect their Navigation System, Odometer, Headunit etc. break their rear window an call the police.

The german police never suspects insurance Fraud. never. really never. Even if you´re 18 years old an drive a new BMW M5 / M6 while beeing unemployed and known for your felonies.

The people use a thing, called "fictional regulation" where you get the Cash from the insurance company witout doing the repair / showing proof of the origin from the "new" part (idk if "origin" is correct - i mean the german word "Herkunft")

I drive an "old" BMW E39 540i 6 speed manual, an use Inpa etc. for diagnosis of my BMW.

For Cars of the VW (Volkswagen) Type, there´s a diagnostic Module called "VCDS". It reports (?) / stores the exact milage for the exact time, when a Fault Code (DTC) is produced.

I know that BMW Rheingold is capable of the store-method with the Milage / "Kilometerstand" for the Fault Code. The problem in germany is, that, because Rheingold ist not "official" (BMW does not "sell" this program) you can´t use it in

the Court.

So, to the main question: Is there any "official tool" that i can order / buy, which is capable of the feature, to read fault codes in combination with the milage when they´re appeared / were stored?

It needs to be "official". If the case goes to court, the lawyer will question the "functions" of this device, your license for this device etc.

I´ve found "Schwaben by Foxwell" an read through the manuals. I´m not sure if the "freeze frame data" contains the milage of the DTC / fault code.

Second Question: Do the "newer" BMWs even "store" the milage together with a trouble code, if it loses connection to the Navigation / Head Unit / Airbag Module etc?.

Because the usage of Rheingold isn´t "allowed", i was unable to "test" theses things on the specific cars. My "old" 540i is a "no brainer". No one "steals" Parts of theses "old" BMWs in Germany.

At this point i realize, how bad your english gets, if you´re not using it for years.... sorry @all if my post is cryptic / hard to understand.

Greetings from Germany (Stay safe during Covid)

My Cars
    328 / 540

Autel MK?

I´ve found out, that tools from Autel use "freeze frame Data", that contains Milage and Time from stored DTCs

Opera Momentaufnahme_2020-07-06_140934_www.youtube.com.jpgOpera Momentaufnahme_2020-07-06_020300_www.youtube.com.jpg

Do BMW store "special" DTCs / Fault codes for the "lost connection" to the Car Parts ( Navigation , Steering Wheel, Airbag etc.) ?

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Never heard of that program. Why isn't Rheingold official? It's official BMW software. Wonder why the court doesn't allow that if a readout with that software can show illegal activties.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiß III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    328 / 540
    Hm, its not that the court doesnt allow a readout with rheingold. The lawyer who works against the insurance company will question, how you could use official BMW software while not beeing an official from BMW. Maybe the court will approve the readout, but you will get in trouble for using "illegal" obtained software, which is only for BMW dealers.

I´ve also tried Deep OBD, but as i said, my BMW is too old, and i don´t find any readout Videos with deep OBD. So i can´t specify, if deep obd does show freeze frame data like Milage, Time, etc.

As far as i know, Deep OBD should use the same "structure" as BMW Inpa, but it should be legal because it only builds on that stracture and does not "use" the identical structure.

Autel isn´t a real "program". It´s a (very) "expensive" Diagnostic tool for all vehicles / manufactures. I think Links are not allowed, but you can look it up. For example the "MK908P" should also be able to code BMWs. So it´s a "deeper?" diagnose tool than the 15-50€ / $ tools.

Tanks for your reply.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    So what about an official request at the BMW dealer to let some employee from BMW readout the car?
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiß III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Autel and Foxwell are just Chinese copies of ISTA ("Rheingold"). Literal copies word for word, even the mistakes. Not ever officially recognized.

BMW DOES sell ISTA officially... I don't know where you have that info from. https://aos.bmwgroup.com/web/oss/start

Get yourself an official account with BMW and get official ISTA+ (also known as ISTA-D and "Rheingold"). You are allowed to own ISTA or have access to ISTA through BMW AOS and your business.

Freeze frame data is not terribly good at getting kilometer info, because as soon as the code is cleared, the freeze frame data goes away too. There are multiple modules that record kilometers, as well as BMW FASTA data, which is reported from dealers online to headquarters.

The head units can have data for when the error occurred, as long as it wasn't cleared yet. Either the navigation or the gateway module will record that data, until clearing.

For what it's worth, INPA works perfectly fine even with newest BMWs.
    Last edited by 328 Power 04; 07-07-2020 at 02:01 PM.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    328 / 540
    Thanks for all replies. As a company we now have the possibility to Use ISTA-D.

I´ve only tested it on my own BMW E39, and everything works.

I´m able to read out the ECUs, but in my Car they seem to have no real "serialnumber" only a Partnumber.

In Germany the Police use a FADA Datasbase to get the original "Individualnumbers" (Individualnummer / "Individualkennung" ger.) for the serialnumbers of the Car Parts that were installed in the Vehicle from factory (ger. "Werksseitig" -> parts that were in the Car when the car was build in the factory).

On my own Vehice only the "Part Number" ger. -> "Teilenummer" is shown when i read out the Modlues like IHKA / Navigation.

Is it correct, that my own vehicel is just "to old" to have serialnumbers which can be shown by ista-d or is there any other Method to let Ista-d show / display these numbers=?.

I´ve looked online and saw, that other ppl. who use Ista-D and move over the Module / Ecu , it shows a number after "serialnumber". Ist this the speficic "Individualnumber" of a Part / Module, which can be used to clearly identify the Part (by BMW / the Police) =?.

ihka.PNGtempFileForShare_20210218-142703.jpgfirst my own IHKA without "serial number" , second a Head Unit with "serial Number" but without part number