Thread: BMW Instrument cluster programming

My Cars
    1999 bmw 325

BMW Instrument cluster programming

Hey there, im reaching out to others that have knowledge of cluster programming in the hopes of getting some information relevant to bmws. I do instrument cluster conversions for imported vehicles where customers need there kph clusters converted to mph whether its mileage programming or face swapping. There is new rules now regarding the parking brake warning light icons to say the word "brake", but most digital speedometers in various cars including bmw have just a symbol (P) for the warning light icon. I am hoping to answer my question about any information someone has of how or where digital icon symbols information can be reprogrammed to meet this new requirement. If anyone would be able to help me understand anything of digital speedometer icons regarding where icon information is stored or how to access the programming for editing I would be entirely grateful and really appreciate the help. Side note, the conversion of speedometer is legal as long as you follow the rules and regulations. simply trying to figuring out the entire characteristics of these new digital speedometers as there is many options when it comes to programming, face swapping or retrofitting, but I've yet to figure out 2 things: 1: if the vehicle is fully digital speedometer and is kph, is there anyway to convert that to kph speedometer to a mph odometer, 2: is there anyway to edit the coding to change warning icons or any other functionality within a fully digital speedometer? I am aware of eeprom coding already and that some vehicles have kph to mph settings within the vehicle manually. So I hope someone is in my world with the same concerns or has information they can share and I hope to hear from you soon! Thanks so much guys!

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    I will move the thread to the software forum, maybe someone there can help you
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!