View Poll Results: Best looking E39 wheel for wagons?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Style 42

2 18.18%
  • Style 5 (Style 5, 29)

0 0%
  • Style 37 (M-Par)

6 54.55%
  • Style 65 (M5)

1 9.09%
  • Other

3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best looking wheels for E39 Wagons

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

bimmerupscotty, those FL5's do look nice and the functional aspect along with the construction/material of flow formed is brilliant as well ! I only wish they did them in 19s!

Wagons Ho - I'm selling 4/5 sets of my Hartge wheels can work out a deal! that reminds me that I need to get some adverts up !

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Man! All this hate! wtH???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wagons ho View Post
    M-pars, because they look good on everything.
    Style 32, because they are stock on sport package wagons.
    81's on my 02, 525 so i can be Steve-N-VA's twin, LOL.

But now i have a oxford green, and don't want to be snotties, twin, so what to do?
    I'm safe, no 66'sAttachment 673783Attachment 673784
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Here, i got something for you. These are probably the ugliest E39 rims, next to those Chris Bangle E39 rims, style 33’s. Those 33’s are so ugly, they had to have been that idiots work. But the wheels that are on my silver wagon, I’m sure Bangle had his pen on this one too. These things are so ugly, i haven’t even bothered to find out what style they are.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    540it, 540sedan, 540-6 s
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmrMeUpSnotty View Post
    Man! All this hate! wtH???

- - - Updated - - -
    Snotty, you love it.
    33's hold my parts cars up. Too ugly to steal.
    Not enough room for past/present garage

My Cars
    540it, 540sedan, 540-6 s
    Dennis, I'm hoping to make a fake alpina look out of the green one. I would like some 17" softlines, but the budget probably won't allow.
    I've even considered the 16" reps on Ebay for under a grand.
    You know, US dollars.
    What is shipping on wheels to the west coast?

My Cars
    00 528/5 & 02 530i Sport
    ACS Type 3 is my favorite wheel on E39s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Snotty, you love it.
    33's hold my parts cars up. Too ugly to steal.
    Haha! Yeah, thats about the best thing for those ugly wheels. I have bent 66’s for roller duty.

My Cars
    528i, 525iT, M5
    I'll adopt you to save you from being a Snotty twin...
    Current Garage Highlights
    2003 525iT TiSilver
    2002 M5 TiSilver
    1998 528i KASCHMIRBEIGE METALLIC (301) (Goldie)

Former Garage Highlights
    2005 X5 4.8is
    2004 325iTs (2x)
    1973 Pantera L
    1971 Dodge Dart Swinger "Lite Package"
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack Alpine White
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack GoManGo Green
    1969 Road Runner 383
    1968 Barracuda Formula S 340 Sea Foam Green

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Right now, there’s about 24 Snotty clone prototypes running around, I’ve sent 20 of them out to track down and take out these stupid troublemaking rioters, 4 of them are working their a$$es off so that I can be stuck at home building up my post count all day long.

Here’s a rare picture of a special style 66 that i was testing the limits on. The wall won.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    528i, 525iT, M5
    That will just buff out!
    Current Garage Highlights
    2003 525iT TiSilver
    2002 M5 TiSilver
    1998 528i KASCHMIRBEIGE METALLIC (301) (Goldie)

Former Garage Highlights
    2005 X5 4.8is
    2004 325iTs (2x)
    1973 Pantera L
    1971 Dodge Dart Swinger "Lite Package"
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack Alpine White
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack GoManGo Green
    1969 Road Runner 383
    1968 Barracuda Formula S 340 Sea Foam Green

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Dennis, I'm hoping to make a fake alpina look out of the green one. I would like some 17" softlines, but the budget probably won't allow.
    I've even considered the 16" reps on Ebay for under a grand.
    You know, US dollars.
    What is shipping on wheels to the west coast?
    Hi, I'm not 100% but I don't think Softline Alpina wheels came 17". I think the minimum is 18". Right now I have a set of E39 fitment staggered 19s available. If you are going to make your Touring into an Alpina Homage, might as well make it look like the B10 V8S!

Replica's wouldn't ever be on my car!

I get excellent shipping rates to the USA, hence why I've sent many, many sets of wheels over. As soon as lockdown relaxes more and I can get to my secure storage, I have a set of the 19" M Parallel replicas to send out to their new owner in the US! The actual price for shipping depends on the volumetric weight of the boxes, so a ballpark would be 'about' £250 which currently equates to $310 and I send everything, without exception with full value insurance. If you see some wheels here that you'd like and the seller won't ship over there, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Lockdown is hampering that of course, but hopefully soon, normal service can resume !

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    97 528i
    Here, i got something for you. These are probably the ugliest E39 rims, next to those Chris Bangle E39 rims, style 33’s. Those 33’s are so ugly, they had to have been that idiots work. But the wheels that are on my silver wagon, I’m sure Bangle had his pen on this one too. These things are so ugly, i haven’t even bothered to find out what style they are.
    Style Fitty's brother.... I didn't actually mind those...on a bone stock 528 sedan with no tinted windows...blaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh....

you want a real eyesore ? slap on a set of starspoke style 77's

ps...I dig those rims you are looking at for yours btw....
    "two wrongs don't make a right...only three lefts do...."
    '79 Euro 635csi - gone and regretting it...
    '89 gsxr-750 - former traffic knife
    '97 528i sedan - holding on strong...(just sold after 16 years of ownership - sad day)
    '03 Euro 525it - something about a famous dolphin.....

'06 Mercury Grand Marquis (don't ask....it gets the job done....)
    '84 Specialized Allez - full Campagnolo Super Record
    '99-ish Cannondale CAAD4
    "Stinky" - Kona Stinky Five
    '86 528e
    2008 E70 X5 3.0

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Quote Originally Posted by adm750 View Post
    Style Fitty's brother.... I didn't actually mind those...on a bone stock 528 sedan with no tinted windows...blaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh....

you want a real eyesore ? slap on a set of starspoke style 77's

ps...I dig those rims you are looking at for yours btw....
    Style 50? Thats what those are? My God! Those style 77’s! WTF was BMW thinking? Had to be another Bangled design. kinda looks like the ugly aluminum Motomags that Mongoose put out in the late ‘70’s for their BMX bikes.

I’d love to have that idiot Chris Bangle in a room for 5 mins.... But I’d really only need 1. What an idiot. Have you guys seen what that moron recently put out? First automotive design since BMW canned his lame a$$? He says he quit, BS. I posted it a while back when it debuted last year at the China automotive show. You guys will laugh your a$$es off. Proof of Chris Bangle being all he can be. Look it up, Chris Bangle Reds design. I’m sorry, you will have automotive nightmares, the moron probably tried to pitch this to BMW, and they ended up running him out of town. Then he pulled it back out when some stupid Chinese company hired him to draw something stupid. Why else would a designer who once was the lead designer for BMW disappear into the Austrian landscape, open up a design studio, and no one came to hire him until 9 or ten years later. That ugly outhouse on wheels is his first automotive work since BMW. You be the judge.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540iT/6
    Dude must have some primo drugs though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2001 525it
    I have style 81 wagon wheels super easy to clean

My Cars
    97 528i
    Style 50? Thats what those are? My God! Those style 77’s! WTF was BMW thinking? Had to be another Bangled design. kinda looks like the ugly aluminum Motomags that Mongoose put out in the late ‘70’s for their BMX bikes.

I’d love to have that idiot Chris Bangle in a room for 5 mins.... But I’d really only need 1. What an idiot. Have you guys seen what that moron recently put out? First automotive design since BMW canned his lame a$$?..............You be the judge.
    1) totally agree on the old motomags...hahahaha

2) I think we're all gonna need a bit more clarity on how you feel about Bangle bro....

3) and dude.....why ya gotta be hatin' on Oingo Boingle's new design...? That takes a lot of talent (or a hefty set of balls...) to take the windshield from a John Deere 4960 and design an entire car around it.
    Every time I got in that car I'd want to plow......or plant a crop.....maybe fertilize.....drive slow down the middle of a two-lane country road with my flashers on........sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.......

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Quote Originally Posted by adm750 View Post
    1) totally agree on the old motomags...hahahaha

2) I think we're all gonna need a bit more clarity on how you feel about Bangle bro....

3) and dude.....why ya gotta be hatin' on Oingo Boingle's new design...? That takes a lot of talent (or a hefty set of balls...) to take the windshield from a John Deere 4960 and design an entire car around it.
    Every time I got in that car I'd want to plow......or plant a crop.....maybe fertilize.....drive slow down the middle of a two-lane country road with my flashers on........sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.......
    Haha! You actually remember those Motomags? I’m surprised that I did myself. I guess once you see true ugly, you can’t unsee it. How much do I hate that idiot Bangle? That a$$hole ruined BMW’s classic look. Our E39’s were a natural modern take on the classic idea of how a BMW should look. That all changed when the powers that be at BMW stupidly gave him the reigns to the design work. How much do I hate the stupid d!ckhead? Enough to hack him up and dump him into the trunk of a wrecked E60 at a junkyard, or into that outhouse he calls REDS. Screw him, I hope the BMW gods have a special place in hell for him. Ok, 2:38pm, I’m hungry....

My Cars
    03 525it/5, 1967 GTO
    Question, for those with 17” wheels, have you used spacers to get them to look flush? Here’s mine on Style 42s and maybe it’s the wheel arches on the Touring but they look smaller than they do on my sedan. Since 18” Style 42s are near impossible to locate was thinking of spacers with the 17s or hub adapters to try 18s from another model series.

I’m on stock sport suspension and SLS in rear and have no intentions of lowering it any further.

url=https://flic.kr/p/2jtaDi1][/url]Untitled by Twistytee, on Flickr

on the 530i

Untitled by Twistytee, on Flickr

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Hey Tittytwister, lol, I joke, I run 15mm all the way around with 9” style 66 square on my green wagon. I love the stance..... Eeeek! I’ve become a stancetard... Ok, not quite just yet. But when I shove my BC Racing coilovers on the car, then I’ll have come into the realm of the stancetard nation, oh well, its bound to happen

The last picture, I’m trying to get, but the dood that owns them won’t let go of them, they will be mine, yes they will. Racing Dynamics RD2’s in E39 offsets, 18” 8.5” and 9.5” widths. Yes, they will be mine.

My Cars
    03 525it/5, 1967 GTO
    Thanks Snotty. The Style 66 looks good square and w\15mm spacers. Like those RDs too although I’ve only seen them in high offset/3 series fitament. Guessing those e39 offsets are rare as hens teeth. I kind of want to go with 18” wheels but the 525i/M54 is kind of pokey as is on 17s.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

bimmerupscotty - This is excellent news! you've finally seen the light and decided to move from boring OEM wheels ! the fact you've fallen deep by wanting Racing Dynamics RD2's is actually a fantastic thing ! They're very, very.. very rare in 18" E39/5 series offsets and widths. If the guy lets them go for anything than $2K USD, snap... them ... up.. immediately! Even more rare are the 19" staggered E39/5 series fitment! A set came up after perhaps a few years (that I saw!) a few months ago and my good friend over here (he already has the 18s!) snapped .. them.. up... immediately and imported them in from the US. Back in 2010'ish, one of my contacts in Los Angeles had perhaps 20/25 sets of brand new RD2's in 19 inch 3 series fitment and 5 and I'm still kicking myself now as I had the chance to make a square set of 9.5x19s..

I bought this set over for one of my customers and he will not sell them!

Twistytee - 18 inch as a minimum! 17's just look too small 19inch is of course preferable !! But seriously, go with what you like/prefer, some 17's can and do look great! there's an non sport E39 in decent condition running around near me on 17 inch BBS Pitlane wheels which for a 17 inch look fantastic and even more fantastic as they're not mesh/cross spoke BBS wheels! I'm perhaps going to find a set to use as a spare set at some point!

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    540it, 540sedan, 540-6 s
    Now that the deal is done, I'm throwing these in for consideration.
    Of course with the wheels, i will need other modifications to make it legit.
    alpina-b10-e39-1997-2004-station-wagon-5-door-exterior-2 (1).jpg
    Not enough room for past/present garage

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisCooper View Post
    Hi,

bimmerupscotty - This is excellent news! you've finally seen the light and decided to move from boring OEM wheels ! the fact you've fallen deep by wanting Racing Dynamics RD2's is actually a fantastic thing ! They're very, very.. very rare in 18" E39/5 series offsets and widths. If the guy lets them go for anything than $2K USD, snap... them ... up.. immediately! Even more rare are the 19" staggered E39/5 series fitment! A set came up after perhaps a few years (that I saw!) a few months ago and my good friend over here (he already has the 18s!) snapped .. them.. up... immediately and imported them in from the US. Back in 2010'ish, one of my contacts in Los Angeles had perhaps 20/25 sets of brand new RD2's in 19 inch 3 series fitment and 5 and I'm still kicking myself now as I had the chance to make a square set of 9.5x19s..

I bought this set over for one of my customers and he will not sell them!

Twistytee - 18 inch as a minimum! 17's just look too small 19inch is of course preferable !! But seriously, go with what you like/prefer, some 17's can and do look great! there's an non sport E39 in decent condition running around near me on 17 inch BBS Pitlane wheels which for a 17 inch look fantastic and even more fantastic as they're not mesh/cross spoke BBS wheels! I'm perhaps going to find a set to use as a spare set at some point!

Cheers, Dennis!
    I have seen the light, many many moons ago. I used to have RGR on my E28 back in the late ‘80’s. This was in the Philippines, Mine was one of two sets that I knew of that were over there at the time. These RD2’s, they need some love, light rash on the rear lips, they are the earlier sets, in regular silver, not the hyper silver on the newer ones. You never see them over here anymore, so when I saw this set at the warehouse on a pallet, I almost had a mini happy ending..... But they belong to my boss’s son, he wants to throw them onto his E53 X5, I need to break his arms and legs and show him that they belong on my green wagon, no if’s or buts, they will be mine. Just to show you how rare those wheels are,
    I am now currently workIng at Racing Dynamics, my boss’ sons RD2’s are the only set in the whole place, I’m sure they have a secret stash somewhere, but as of now, those are it. They have a few RGR’s but those are for the old school BMW’s. I will be implementing the new line of wheels, they are making a comeback, so once things are all back and good, we will be doing all the old wheels, and a whole new line, but thats still a little bit way off from anytime soon. I made a pitch on picking up as many old school BMW wheels, bent rims and all, I only want the centers, mill out the front and rear hoops, drill bolt holes through the center edges, order and stock a bunch of different sized front and rear hoops from BBS, but the way things look, we will be sourcing them from Covid Land for a start, and then have a second high line using BBS as a supplier for the better hoops. Then I will finally have my style 66’s in 18 and 19”, you won’t have to push those imitation 19” 37’s, skies the limit..... if they let me spend their money on the stuff that really interests me! Haha! Our main business as of now is feeding the new BMW and Porsche crowd, but we do still sell the old stuff for E39’s 36, 46, 24, 28, but only strut bars for the E24 and 28. On the E39’s, it’s limited to strut bars, cheesy headers for the i6’s, short shift kits, Some interior dress up crap, some billet engine dress up stuff, I did pick up a $1000 worth of bits for my Mini Cooper S, a bigger intercooler, a front carbon fiber strut Bar, a catalytic converter delete pipe, along with the header, a cold air intake kit to get rid of the real cheeseball cai that the po installed, a cool exhaust tip that we sell for the Porsche Cayman/Boxster guys, will be going on a Magnaflow muffler and a 3.5” cat back pipe with a Magnaflow resonator. Also got a boost sensor mount so I can run a sensor and have a boost gauge on the dash. I will be getting bigger fuel injectors, a bigger rail, a tune. You’d be proud, I had ditched the oem Cooper S wheels and installed 17” Enkei RPF1’s in bright silver, haha! I actually bought a whole Cooper S for the wheels, they were a week old, the guy sold the car to me for a steal, I swapped the wheels which had almost new Michelins on them, listed the car in the classifieds and sold it the same day, even mad a thousand bucks over what I paid for the car! RPF1’s are superlight weight, and it made the green Cooper, yes it’s British Racing Green, side by side with my Oxford Green2 wagon, they’re identical, even though the paint codes are different. Anyway, fun stuff, oh yeah, the Harman Kardon stereo in the Cooper was also a joke, in BMW fashion, I gutted that out, installed a Kenwood Excelon head unit, Alpine Type R 6.5” components in the doors, Type R 6x9’s in the rear, two 10” Kicker CVR’s in a ported box that fits perfectly behind the rear seat in the trunk, or the boot, as you Brits like to call it, I had a 5channel Precision Power amp to handle everything, but then the subwoofer side died, so I went to a 4channel 100w per channel for the speakers and a JL amp for the sub, sounds really good!

Haha! I always had aftermarket wheels, back in my VW days, I had a set of MOMOs on one of my GTI’s, a set of OZ Superleggera’s on one of my Corrado’s, even on my BMW S1000RR, I have two sets of HP4 forged BMW wheels, they do not come on the bike, but they are from the HP4 side of BMW Motorrad, might as well be aftermarket, those wheels sell for $2500 a piece. I was very lucky to have bought a race bike that came with two sets of those wheels.
    It was onlynlately that I decided to stick with factory wheels on my E39’s. But I will be getting a set of those Apex FL5’s that I posted earlier in the thread. Then I will get those RD2’s for my silver wagon..... Hopefully.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi bimmerupScotty,

You kept that nugget of info quiet !!

I have 6 RD RS2 19" wheels that I'm wanting to build up to 20" with me here, too many wheel sets now! haha!

It's shuteye time now, just done a couple more NXG-39 orders !

I'll drop you a PM later tomorrow.

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    03 525it/5, 1967 GTO
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisCooper View Post

Cheers, Dennis!
    The 19s look fantastic but I need to balance driveabilty (is that a word?) with road conditions around here and tire pricing. 19s would also require a change-up in my suspension - most likely to coilovers and my Bistein/Sport combo is fine for the near term future. I’d be willing to go aftermarket with 18s in an e39 fitament. If you have any suggestions I’m all ears. Or if you can source some options on your side of the pond for reasonable shipping that might be interesting too...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast