Thread: Painting dash trim

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 3.0i Conv.

Painting dash trim

Has anyone ever painted their interior trim / dash trim? The prior owner got into an accident and it put a crack righty across the front of the passenger side dash and to the left of the emergency brake on the center counsel.

If you have - looking for any photos you may have, any recommendations, or suggestions.

I have photos that I was going to include but can’t from my phone.

They are small hairline cracks.

My Cars
    2004 Z4R 06&12 Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by pweisansal View Post
    Has anyone ever painted their interior trim / dash trim? The prior owner got into an accident and it put a crack righty across the front of the passenger side dash and to the left of the emergency brake on the center counsel.

If you have - looking for any photos you may have, any recommendations, or suggestions.

I have photos that I was going to include but can’t from my phone.

They are small hairline cracks.
    Sounds like you have the wood interior trim if there are cracks.
    You would need to gouge at the cracks and refill with an epoxy adhesive to stop those cracks from reappearing. Painting over them would not stop the cracks from coming back.
    Have you thought about changing out the trim pieces to one of the other factory options?
    04R 3l 6 sp VF SC, custom ducting, alphaN, 2.62 pulley, multiport WMI,Severn Tuning(Pokeybritches), Tial BPV,Ceramic header, magnaflow section 1, SS race muffler/y-pipe, megan mounts,42 design catch can, CDV delete ,custom strut bar,3.91 LSD, H&R bars, Hotchkis links.Eibach Pro Kit,Koni Yellows.Megan camber arms. Carbon interior,SSK,UUC lines.CF aero. Poly bushings.

My Cars
    2008 Z4
    I disliked the glossy wood grain trim panels on my Z4 - purchased a roll of flat charcoal vinyl "car wrap" material and applied over the dash trim. Self sticking and burnished to follow contours and curves. Worked great for me - and it is removable if you change your mind.