Thread: Bimmerworld Legit?

My Cars
    E24

Bimmerworld Legit?

I recently bought some parts from bimmerworld totaling $1400, and I got an email from their support saying for first time orders of this amount they require me to send a copy of my ID and credit card with the info blakced out except for the last 4, or if I dont want to do that I can pay through wire transfer or paypal.

I told them I dont see how that info is necessary and I would be willing to pay through paypal but my card has already been charged according to my account, So I dont want to pay through paypal having already paid for the items. They responded and said that the transaction was voided and should go away within a few days.

This all sounds a bit sketchy to me, but they seem like big retailer with lots of busienss which was confusing to me. Should I trust that the charge will be remove, is this a legit company? Or should I give them my ID, I just dont see why they would need that. Thank you

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    This Bimmerworld? https://www.bimmerworld.com/
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    E24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Correct

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Call them if you are concerned... https://www.bimmerworld.com/Contact-BW/

100% legit.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    '97 BMW M3/2/5
    I've purchased many things from Bimmerworld, they make great products. I have no reason to distrust them, and I assume that's the general consensus across this forum.
    Feel free to ask about my car:

TRM Coilovers 560f/784r | Epic Motorsports Tune | Apex Arc-8 17x9.5 et35 | Wilwood SL-4 BBK
    M50 Manifold | ASC Delete | Dinan BBTB | Fan Delete | Power Pulleys | Dinan CAI |
    S54 Oil Cooler
    Z3 Rack | Crossbrace | 3.38 LSD | Dinan Strut Tower Brace | AKG Chassis Mount Shifter
    SS Long Tubes | SS Race Exhaust |
    LTW Replica Wing | MM Underpanel | CF Sunroof Delete
    OE GT Front Splitter | Rear Rollbar | Rear Seat Delete | BW Fuel Starvation | Turtle Labs Door Panels
    And Really Old Paint

Check out my YouTube channel for more DIY's and videos about my E36 M3

My Cars
    E24
    Okay just making sure, I had no reason to distrust them until that just because it seems unnecessary and confusing to me however i will go through with it.

My Cars
    3kgt vr4, broke:87 325i-
    i have also bought things from bimmerworld and been very pleased. you should call them if you're skeptical.

My Cars
    bmw z3
    I just have a problem with those kind of "requirements'' asking for personal info and credit card #s, especially online purchases. I use a separate moneycard for online purchases and only load as much money as the purchase requires. It gives me peace of mind, being a skeptical old fart. 😊

My Cars
    E60 M5, E61 535XI
    Fully understand the skepticism. First I've ever heard of this from them. They are a great supplier and have a long history. They may have a recent rash of fraud. Who knows.

My Cars
    E30 M3,E28 M5,E39 M5 etc
    Odd request from them, but they are a great company to work with!