Thread: e36 angle kit

My Cars
    1999 BMW m3

e36 angle kit

hi, i have a 99 M3, and theres a guy on the forums that was making angle kits, e46 control arms cut and extended with the different tire rods and ebay knuckle adapter.... so i got the kit and i got everything put on to learn the that M3 knuckles are different then non M cars so the knuckle plates dont fit... theres some on ebay that say they are for the M3 and then ones that say they arent... as far as i can see they are all the same, can anyone confirm or can anyone help me out? im in the middle of a turbo build. and i got the turbo kit done and now im waiting to figure out this angle kit.. i messaged the guy but he is no longer being actively helping me.. i messaged him on friday with lots of videos to show him it doesn't fit. he replied with the adapter is correct, it looks like theres a fitment issue tho? and never got back with me. ill give him a few more days to reply but im starting think ima have to figure this out on my own. unless someone here can help a friend out.?
    the control arms where done very well, the product seems good... but he knew i had a M3 ... i wouldve assumed he knew they where different.. and if they are not please correct me!!!! im not sure what im doing wrong if they are all the same.

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows
    pics?

My Cars
    1999 BMW m3
    i went and got lots of videos and pics and measurements today for the guy. https://photos.app.*******/BZuL4fLRweryWkDZ9
    you may have to have a gmail account to look at the pictures but they are all there....

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows
    Nope

My Cars
    1999 BMW m3
    im not sure how to get videos and pictures up then... if anyone else is looking into it, the M3 knuckles are different so watch out for what adapter you get. ill try to the ebay ones that say they are for M3's and if not i will make my own and probably do a write up on it. i havent seen one yet and i have been searching for a while.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Moved from E36 to E36 M3 forum
    for pics upload try the test forum first https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/f...hp?123-Testing
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    '97 BMW M3/2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by tic55 View Post
    im not sure how to get videos and pictures up then...
    It's concatenating your link since it's so long (that's what the ***** is, kind of like "..." to show something skipped or time passing in text. Instead, type a word or sentence like "LINK". Highlight it with your cursor (the word or sentence you want to turn into the link) and click the link button in the format bar of the text box you're typing in (looks like a chain link on a globe). Paste the URL in and it will make a hyperlink out of the word/sentence you highlighted. Will turn your "LINK" to "LINK" (don't need quotes).
    Feel free to ask about my car:

TRM Coilovers 560f/784r | Epic Motorsports Tune | Apex Arc-8 17x9.5 et35 | Wilwood SL-4 BBK
    M50 Manifold | ASC Delete | Dinan BBTB | Fan Delete | Power Pulleys | Dinan CAI |
    S54 Oil Cooler
    Z3 Rack | Crossbrace | 3.38 LSD | Dinan Strut Tower Brace | AKG Chassis Mount Shifter
    SS Long Tubes | SS Race Exhaust |
    LTW Replica Wing | MM Underpanel | CF Sunroof Delete
    OE GT Front Splitter | Rear Rollbar | Rear Seat Delete | BW Fuel Starvation | Turtle Labs Door Panels
    And Really Old Paint

Check out my YouTube channel for more DIY's and videos about my E36 M3

My Cars
    1999 BMW m3
    thank you shogun for the testing link... it was helpful and carpy2, thanks for the linking thing... ill give it a try, its been a long weekend for me as i have been doing a lot to the car, currently on the angle kit that i have the adapters, which are the pieces that have the lettering engraved in them do not fit how they are supposed to. i believe it is because my car is a M car and the guy that made the kit didnt know that Ms have different knuckles, or he just screwed me. either way its my problem now. although they do not come with instructions people on youtube have found out that they fit upside down ( engraved side faces down when on the knuckle). seems backwards to how you would think they go. that being said you can squeeze these on with the engraving faced up, this isnt how its done on the few videos i have watched but i managed to get them on . it rubs like no other on the knuckle, the bolts go in at an angle and the tire rod bushing boot gets pinched, at least mine did, but it can be done. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS. IM ACTUALLY SAYING DONT! just because they can squeeze on there doesnt mean its correct or safe. they need to be extended about half an inch, and then the bolt hole at the curve needs to extended out about a quarter of an inch. im going to get some mocked up and then cut some out of some steel. i took some videos and pics ( should send you to my fb car stuff album, if not then go to photos, album, car stuff. ) of how its supposed to go on, i didnt get any pics of how i got it to fit but i could get some if people are interested. i also dug more into ebay adapters and they for some reason post the dimensions of the product and the ones that say they are for the M3 specifically are only 2 to 3mm longer... but the distance from hole to hole is the same and the hole size is the same. they are 30 bucks so i still might try them just to see, but they are from japan so it will literally take a month or more for me to get them and im hoping that this car will be running and done in a month!

IMG_20200509_193248.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tic55; 06-07-2020 at 11:33 PM.

My Cars
    '97 BMW M3/2/5
    I'm digging the green control arms ^^. Also, very random, but what shoes are you wearing in the first video? I like them a lot lol.
    Feel free to ask about my car:

TRM Coilovers 560f/784r | Epic Motorsports Tune | Apex Arc-8 17x9.5 et35 | Wilwood SL-4 BBK
    M50 Manifold | ASC Delete | Dinan BBTB | Fan Delete | Power Pulleys | Dinan CAI |
    S54 Oil Cooler
    Z3 Rack | Crossbrace | 3.38 LSD | Dinan Strut Tower Brace | AKG Chassis Mount Shifter
    SS Long Tubes | SS Race Exhaust |
    LTW Replica Wing | MM Underpanel | CF Sunroof Delete
    OE GT Front Splitter | Rear Rollbar | Rear Seat Delete | BW Fuel Starvation | Turtle Labs Door Panels
    And Really Old Paint

Check out my YouTube channel for more DIY's and videos about my E36 M3

My Cars
    1999 BMW m3
    lol they are addias no tie shoes.. and and update on this. In case anyone ever does come across this. i ended up 3d printing my own adapters for mock up purposes. i made one and test fit and made adjustments untill i got it to fit then i had a set made through a shop. and now a month or so later i have the kit on and functional. talk about some angle! so if anyone needs to know e36 M3 knuckles are different then the base models. so make sure you get the right knuckle or have some made up! use e46 control arms extended with extended tire rods and the adapter plate! crazy angle for around 500 bucks or less if you have the know how.