Thread: M52 FI Help

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328is

M52 FI Help

Alright to start this off, yes I know there are many threads asking similar questions, but I just can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. So to start off my first question is how much boost/hp can a iron block M52 handle with a .120 VAC Head Gasket, and an ARP Stud Kit. I also plan to do a S52 cam swap, and M50 manifold so keep that in mind aswell.

Next question being any recommendations/changes to what I'd think would be a decent turbo kit for the money, although I still want a daily drivable, reliable setup.

https://www.cxracing.com/TRB-KIT-BMW-E36-GT35-IC-KIT this kit has the intercooler piping I want, and I've also seen that the manifold seems to last quite awhile. I'm going to choose the option without a turbo/wastegate as it seems the only complained issues with the kit was the quality of the turbo and wastegate.

For a tune I was planning to go with this: https://www.rktunes.com/products/per...d2-m52-and-s52 I was planning to go with the 60lb injectors. If the injectors are overkill and there are other management solutions that are more fitted to my needs I am open to all recommendations.

Next question is what parts of the kit should I replace immediately and what reliable turbo/wastegate should I opt for.

Final question: How much hp gain will I reliably be able to make from such setup, and how much boost will I need.

Overall I want a fair power gain and reliability. I don't want to hear about "engine swap etc. etc." or "expect to pay $8000+ etc. etc." or "no not worth it" none of those answer my question and it seems every post on this topic is littered with such answers. Also I notice my amount of questions is almost overwhelming but I will truly appreciate anybody that answers them.

Thank you!

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i
    If you can't find what you are looking for, then you didnt search.

Stock hp limits are roughly 500hp with head studs and upgraded gasket. For a manifold go with the tried and true Spa. It has provisions for a 38mm waste gate. Something like a tial would be good. For a turbo at your power levels check out the borg warner 256sxe

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk