Thread: Getting my M3 next weekend, looking for whatever help I can get

My Cars
    1997 BMW E36 M3 Sedan

Getting my M3 next weekend, looking for whatever help I can get

Hey everyone I'm somewhat new to this forum. Lurked here and there since sophomore year. I'm picking up the M3 next weekend. So far, I'm planning on doing the basics. Getting new brakes and changing the oil. My friend told me there's a website that I can get my oil for free? Is there a link for that? Next, what brakes would you all recommend? Lastly, what else would you recommend doing to her? I'm planning on getting a new exhaust after the brakes, then somewhere down the line get new wheels. I'm thinking BBS or fifteen52 tarmacs. Basically, I'm just looking to make her snap necks lol. It doesn't need too much done to it, and I'll post pics once I pick it up. I'm so excited to take it back home. I hope I don't jinx myself by posting this. Been dreaming about E30/36's for 6 years and now I am getting an M3. Can't believe it.
    Last edited by ccbadboyz; 05-30-2020 at 11:26 PM.

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 sedan

Getting my M3 next weekend, looking for whatever help I can get

Never heard of the free oil and I wouldn’t take it even if I knew about it, cooling system should be checked before you do anything cosmetic... or the only necks you’ll be snapping are the inlet and outlets on your radiator
    98 M3 sedan

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 sedan
    But also the fifteen52 Chicane’s look pretty good on the E36
    98 M3 sedan

My Cars
    1997 BMW E36 M3 Sedan
    i guess it’s from FPC Euro. basically he said i buy the oil kit and when i’m done, i’ll get my second kit and i would send back the first kit and they’ll reimburse me, so i’d only be paying shipping

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJordanWhitte View Post
    the only necks you’ll be snapping are the inlet and outlets on your radiator
    Ray

My Cars
    1997 BMW E36 M3 Sedan
    those wheels look clean as hell. might have to copy lmao

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by ccbadboyz View Post
    those wheels look clean as hell. might have to copy lmao
    Those aren’t my normal wheels, just a test fit FCP is dope also!
    98 M3 sedan

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJordanWhitte View Post
    But also the fifteen52 Chicane’s look pretty good on the E36
    What rear diffuser is that?

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cos270 View Post
    What rear diffuser is that?
    Wideest, kind of a fancy wide look alike but not a direct copy.

There in Estonia and shipping was a nightmare but besides that really nice quality.
    98 M3 sedan

RRSperry is offline Senior Moment Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    95 ///M3sc, '21 C8 HTC
    Brakes? Blank rotors, and stock type pads work great for anything other than racing on a road course. (yes they dust). You really don't need slotted or drilled rotors. But, the Zimmerman drilled rotors I use to have were very good. they had all the holes chamfered to try to prevent cracking If dust is a killer, Akebono, Cool Carbon or another ceramic/carbon pad will make much less dust. I didn't like the Hawk ceramics when I had stock brakes. (they felt wooden, and didn't have good initial bite.)
    No matter where you go, there you are...

My Cars
    are slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccbadboyz View Post
    i guess it’s from FPC Euro. basically he said i buy the oil kit and when i’m done, i’ll get my second kit and i would send back the first kit and they’ll reimburse me, so i’d only be paying shipping
    This is true, but I would advise not doing it.

FPC doesn't print money (neither does our government), you shouldn't expect free stuff from them. They have to stay in business. The amount of times that they have gone out of their way to help me, or upgrade my shipping for free, find a replacement part, etc has MORE than paid for any free oil.

Now for actual parts on my car, I do appreciate that they offer the lifetime warranty, but to be fair, I doubt I will keep any of my current BMW's to the point were my bushings wear out again, or my shocks blow etc.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss
    DIY BMW Tools. Charlie For President

My Cars
    1997 M3, 2012 C63
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    This is true, but I would advise not doing it. FPC doesn't print money (neither does our government), you shouldn't expect free stuff from them. They have to stay in business.
    They literally advertise it dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYsJc5BsPO4

Probably a loss leader that helps drive them traffic and business. Personally I have better usages of my time than mailing back used oil to save $50, but to say it is hurting their business is incorrect.

My Cars
    are slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by realjones View Post
    They literally advertise it dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYsJc5BsPO4

Probably a loss leader that helps drive them traffic and business. Personally I have better usages of my time than mailing back used oil to save $50, but to say it is hurting their business is incorrect.
    Unlisted video. Dude.

Thousands of people sending back $50 oil is going to cause a financial strain which will cause an increase in prices elsewhere. FCP euro are great guys, I want them to succeed.
    Last edited by Hova; 06-01-2020 at 08:40 PM.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss
    DIY BMW Tools. Charlie For President

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    This is true, but I would advise not doing it.

FPC doesn't print money (neither does our government), you shouldn't expect free stuff from them. They have to stay in business. The amount of times that they have gone out of their way to help me, or upgrade my shipping for free, find a replacement part, etc has MORE than paid for any free oil.

Now for actual parts on my car, I do appreciate that they offer the lifetime warranty, but to be fair, I doubt I will keep any of my current BMW's to the point were my bushings wear out again, or my shocks blow etc.
    This is my view and practice as well, though I have read about people returning normal wear items like oil and filters for new ones and FCP exchanges them. There are always some who will take advantage of anything they can.

My Cars
    99 Dakar M3
    If you can't pay for an oil filter and oil once a year, do not buy an E36 M3.

My Cars
    1997 M3, 2012 C63
    Thousands of people sending back $50 oil is going to cause a financial strain which will cause an increase in prices elsewhere. FCP euro are great guys, I want them to succeed.
    How about their own FAQ page promoting the practice? Not sure what is so difficult to understand that they don't care if they lose money on fluids and consumables if it gets them customers that buy other parts. Clearly they aren't hurting from people sending back used brake pads and oil if they still allow it. They already don't include fuel additives and similar as not returnable they could easily more items if it starts causing some financial strain to them.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee
    It's not taking advantage of it if the company actively promotes it.

My Cars
    1998 Techno M3 Coupe
    Yes, it is their policy and they advertise it that way.
    "All parts purchased from FCP Euro are guaranteed for the life of the ownership of your car, even consumables."

Seems a silly policy but must work for them. Would not send back consumables myself but I can't criticize anyone that does.

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    Quote Originally Posted by JitteryJoe View Post
    Seems a silly policy but must work for them. Would not send back consumables myself but I can't criticize anyone that does.
    Sure it works. Look at the exposure they are getting in this one thread. Personally, I think shipping used oil is not a wise move, from a standpoint of the environment if for no other reason.
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 sedan
    Most companies don’t even pay out-of-pocket on returns like this it’s the actual manufacturer that will eat the cost a lot of times, if they were actually losing a lot of money they wouldn’t be doing it
    98 M3 sedan

My Cars
    '98 M3 Alpine White
    Here's a novel idea.
    Invest in some driving schools first.
    See ya later,

tony
    '98 M3, '92 Dinan3, '05 R1100S BCR, '07 R1200S, Aprilia T