Thread: Stereo question

My Cars
    1997 e38 740i

Stereo question

i need to replace business radio in '97 749i with aftermarket. Any recommedations? Hanks!

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

What are your requirements for an aftermarket setup? are you looking for something high quality, reliable and with the latest features included with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto ? Or are you looking for something cheap to just throw in ? Will you be open/looking to change to a high quality amplifier and much better performing speakers and also looking to run a modest but great performing subwoofer solution ?

Or will you wanting to retain the OEM speakers and amp ?

Depending on what you'd want, whats good/easy to install, your expectations on reliability and sound quality performance and your current anticipated budget, there's a couple of potential routes you can take.

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    1997 e38 740i
    I'm looking to replace original with a modest system, I don't need extra loud, just a decent sound. I will need to replace some blown speakers and would like having
    a CD player. Blue tooth would be nice but don't really need it. So decent FM reception and a CD player would work. Thanks.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi Chasbush,

Here's a thread from forum member Franco and his E38 - https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...al-for-the-E38

Perhaps use a modest 5 channel amplifier and upgrade the speakers. Disk usage in the car is declining given modern alternatives, so if a head unit with a disk mechanism is important to you, you'll perhaps have to do more work in the head unit area to fit a deeper depth head unit that has a disk mechanism.

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.