Thread: Help with Euro Light sourcing and front nose.

My Cars
    e36

Help with Euro Light sourcing and front nose.

It seems that the front nose piece is different on the earlier e23's (up to 82?) Where the body color extends down and surrounds the Kidneys on the grill.

For example 1981 E23 BMW 735i Touring Prototype.JPG

Do you know if this older nose piece will bolt onto my 1987 L7? Would I need the entire grille too?
    Do all these earlier models also have the smaller inner headlights?

It's too bad the front ends of the e23 seemed to decrease in sexiness as they aged.

I've got an L7 that I want to convert the front end with that Euro look. I guess my best hope is finding a parts car or someone on here to sell me the parts.

Any tips on how I can go for that look I'm going for would be appreciated. Thanks!

My Cars
    79' 320i 84' 733i
    The early model "pre facelift" E23's had the narrower front end, sometimes called a "shark nose". They switched sometime in 1982 if I remember right to the "facelift" or "whale nose" body style. You can swap the earlier nose panel onto a late model car. You will need the nose panel, grilles, and headlight buckets. The front euro bumper is also slightly different between the two body styles. You can install an early model bumper on a late model car, but not the other way around. I'm not sure about the US spec bumpers.

The staggered headlights you are seeing are the euro lights, with a 7'' diameter outer low beam lamp.

Are you in Vancouver CAN or Vancouver Washington? I have an early front nose panel I would sell, but shipping will be expensive to Canada.

My Cars
    e36
    Thank you Steven. I am in Canada but I do have a PO box in Washington. I may be interested in the nose panel and will also as you've pointed out have to track down the earlier grille and lights/light buckets if you know where I can find those.

With the Euro Lights I suppose you need a Euro Grille to support them? I think I seen some of ebay from Europe for a decent price including shipping.

..love the look of your Beige E23.

My Cars
    79' 320i 84' 733i
    Quote Originally Posted by knowtion View Post
    Thank you Steven. I am in Canada but I do have a PO box in Washington. I may be interested in the nose panel and will also as you've pointed out have to track down the earlier grille and lights/light buckets if you know where I can find those.

With the Euro Lights I suppose you need a Euro Grille to support them? I think I seen some of ebay from Europe for a decent price including shipping.

..love the look of your Beige E23.

Thanks! Yes, you will need euro grills to match the lights. Just make sure that you get the proper set of lights/brackets/grilles for whichever front end style you end up keeping.

My Cars
    E21/early e23/e34
    I've got several sets of "early" euro grills, good driver quality, decent bright work, all plastic intact. Also have kidney grills in good condition for the early nose

Shoot mean PM with email/cell # and I'll send images.

Best

David

My Cars
    E3,E9,E23,E39iT
    Hi knowtion, I have a 1978 EURO E23 I am parting out. I am in Delta BC. Front and rear spoilers sold. Grilles, nose piece, Euro bumper, and many other parts still available Send me a PM with email address and I will forward pics. Mike

My Cars
    E3,E9,E23,E39iT
    message and pics sent